New triumph street triple

Shaun64

Reaction score
What do you think to the new street triple and is anyone tempted?.

Shaun64

Reaction score
Out yesterday,you right it does look same £8000 for base £10000 for top of range,I would like one but not if it means getting rid of tracer to pay for it,I had 2009 street triple R it was a great bike but the lack of protection made riding distance hard work.

chump

Reaction score
10k - same as an MT-10. To my mind way too much for what it is. Not different enough to the old model visually.

Jetty

Reaction score
The looks just don't do it for me. Whatever we say, looks are pretty important along with the power etc. But the power isn't much different either. The price too is too much. So its a NO from me, and I'm oot! May as well get an MT-10...but I don't want a 4...I'll happily stick with my '15 09 Street Rally.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I think it's expensive when you compare it to £7700 for the mt09,what also puts me off is poor finish & fit on the later triumph my 2014 daytona needed a new tank (rusty) plus quite a few other things.

chump

Reaction score
better than needing a new plastic tank that's warped from ethanol fuel!!

I have had a few Triumph triples and liked them but the newer bikes seem to be very built down to a price.

flydnb

Reaction score
you could get an mt10 for the same money as the top spec one and I know what id sooner get.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
All bikes are built down to price, and Yamaha are no different. Look at the suspension on the MT09 , it is a fecking joke. The build quality of the MT range is very very budget.
I had a 2009 FZ1 and the build quality on that bike would piss on the current Yamaha and many other Marques currently being produced.

bobh

Reaction score
The build quality of the MT range is very very budget.
I had a 2009 FZ1 and the build quality on that bike would piss on the current Yamaha and many other Marques currently being produced.
Agreed - sort-of. My '08 FZ6 was the best finished bike I've had bar none, and its successor, the FZ8, is nearly as good, though still better than the MT-09.

I have an MT-03 (the older one with the single-cylinder engine) which I use as a winter hack, and I have to say it's stood up to it pretty well, apart from the non-stainless exhaust and a bit of pitting on the fork chrome - but then it was built in Italy!

But as to the MT-07, which I traded in for the -09, that's a REAL budget finish.