no bikes ?

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
had a call from the dealer today and they can't find me a bike in the colour I want and with ABS and they've knocked the delivery date back from next Monday to November 21st... FFS :mad:

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
the fastest colour... Deep Amor
I was at my local dealer.... Motorcycle Mart, their in Kidderminster, sure they had 2 orange, 1 deep armour ready to roll. Had mine from them! No-one had one, they got me one within a week...

All ABS if I remember right..

Last edited:

Deep Armour Swede

Reaction score
I know your feeling! But luckily my dealer fixed me a Deep armour, and it will arrive to the dealer tomorrow. So in the beginning of next week i will finally get mine!!

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
they had a non ABS, so I asked if they could retrofit it and was told no, it's a factory option, which is weird.
My Street Triple was the last one in the showroom (no ABS) and they fitted the ABS kit to it so why can't Yamaha ?

paulrab

Reaction score
Which dealer mate?
JT's in swansea have a deep armour, not sure if its ABS.
Give them a bell, they're great to deal with.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
Which dealer mate?
JT's in swansea have a deep armour, not sure if its ABS.
Give them a bell, they're great to deal with.
Fowlers in Bristol
South Wales Superbikes also have a deep amor but not sure if that one is ABS either, will give them both a ring later

flipper

Reaction score
they had a non ABS, so I asked if they could retrofit it and was told no, it's a factory option, which is weird.
My Street Triple was the last one in the showroom (no ABS) and they fitted the ABS kit to it so why can't Yamaha ?
it's no small job to retrofit ABS. you need sensors, ABS control unit, hoses, loom, rotors, possibly wheels to mount the rotors. Most likely your Triumph dealer got hold of another bike.

flipper

Reaction score
why not buy a non ABS bike? I know a friendly dealer who'll do you a good price.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
why not buy a non ABS bike? I know a friendly dealer who'll do you a good price.
because winter is coming and I ride all year in all weather, as for good price, I tried 3 dealers and was offered £4k, £4.5k and £5k trade in for my bike, a 14 plate Street Triple R with 15k miles... went with the £5k offer as non would give me discount on the bike or extras at a reasonable discount.

flipper

Reaction score
because winter is coming and I ride all year in all weather, as for good price, I tried 3 dealers and was offered £4k, £4.5k and £5k trade in for my bike, a 14 plate Street Triple R with 15k miles... went with the £5k offer as non would give me discount on the bike or extras at a reasonable discount.
yup fair comment.