No Helmet lock right?

s0n1c87

Reaction score
Been searching ard the bike.. Doesnt seems to have any. Is this true? No hook? like seriously yamaha.. how exp can a hook be.

Twozup

Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what a helmet lock or how to use one? In 20 odd years of riding I've never needed one? Have I been missing out then ;-)

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what a helmet lock or how to use one? In 20 odd years of riding I've never needed one? Have I been missing out then ;-)

Click [HERE] then {HERE}
I believe it's a lock for a helmet pmsl. Can not say I've ever seen one though lol

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Seriously though, I don't know anyone that's EVER used their helmet lock!!

Sent from Scott's iPhone using Tapatalk
I have, as long as it's my Arai with double D ring strap. 99% of the time I wear my Schuberth which is ratchet strap so it couldn't be used anyway.

Credry

Reaction score
Seriously though, I don't know anyone that's EVER used their helmet lock!!

Sent from Scott's iPhone using Tapatalk
Seriously?

I was gutted the bike doesn't have one, it's a pain in the arse having to carry you helmet everywhere.

And no, you can't steal the helmet without cutting the strap rederring it useless.

Stripy

Reaction score
And no, you can't steal the helmet without cutting the strap rederring it useless.
Which on the other hand, have no relevant to the scum, who see that alone as pure fun, or maybe even pee in it so you get a nasty surprise.
So even the invention is great, it's not without flaws, unfortunately :(

Twozup

Reaction score
I would rather have the hassle of carrying my helmet around than leaving it on the bike exposed to the elements- what if it rained? And as for the security side- aside from the fear that scum would slash and run with it just because they're retarded enough to do it I'd be too worried about my visor getting pilfered too. I couldn't settle away from it. Htf would you get home if they did knock it?
A good idea in the 70s maybe but useless in today's world in my opinion?

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Stripy

Reaction score
If you're at a bike meet, Ace cafe, box hill, Matlock, I think it's alright, but park in City centre and the idea is useless, yes

Spot

Reaction score
Me either. Just an easy way for someone to nick it...!
Did you know people used to steal the helmet lock holders?
Probably not as common now with smart keys but back in the day a tea leaf would target a bike and first nick the helmet lock. Take it home and get a key to fit it and then return with key and nick rest of bike!
Clever scumbags.

But yeah, I would never leave my helmet on a bike. Too much risk to come back to it full of old burgers, gum and piss. Ain't the UK great?

Last edited:

flydnb

Reaction score
there is no way I would leave my precious lidl £19.99 helmet out on show for someone to pinch because of envy.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aldi...! I got 2 for 1 on my helmet for only £7.99 and I got a left glove with the rite thrown in for free... I'm such a haggling legend lol

Credry

Reaction score
Which on the other hand, have no relevant to the scum, who see that alone as pure fun, or maybe even pee in it so you get a nasty surprise.
So even the invention is great, it's not without flaws, unfortunately :(
Of course they can, they can also key your bike or push it off the stand, but thats not the point, it would be nice to have it so you can duck into the shops pick up a few things and not have to carry your lid with you.