Ohlins

Dyno dave

Reaction score
Well today I had my first ride on my 2014 MT 09 after my mods which are ,YA535 ohlins shock, andreani cartridge kit , s-tec flash, and I fitted Dunlops D212 medium front ,endurance rear , the whole package is mega it feel like it's on rails and the flash has transformed the bike , my mate said I was mad spending £2000 on the bits and bobs but I love the bike , you can't believe the difference on the handling its a dream to ride .
Regards Dave

Shaun64

Reaction score
Money on suspension mods is this best money you can spend on a bike as it transforms the ride of the bike,plus when you sell the bike you can sell the rear shocker & cartridges.i spent £1040 on my suspension £600 on k-tech rear shock & & £400 on andreani cartridges fitted to loose forks l bet I could get £4-450 for rear shock & £150 for cartridges so more than half my money back.but like you say Lew it's each to there own.

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
The rear certainly needs sorting, for 2 up with luggage i'm still not happy with the best I can get from it so I agree that would be well spent £'s. The front isn't too bad, could be better, but it isn't terrible. Mind you i've come from and old A reg dog of a gpz900r that had some stupid air assist rubbish in the front, like a block of wood compared to modern standards.

chump

Reaction score
once you've ridden a sorted MT you realise how poor the front is as standard

LewFZ1

Reaction score
As you say if money is not a problem why not but not for me. I just get on the thing a ride it all over Europe with a Soft panniers and a Tank Bag +my 120Kg lard arse on board. I have set the suspension up as best I can and all be it the rear is not great but I can live with it.