Old dog, new tricks! Well new bike ... trick bike!

Swagger

Reaction score
Hi ya'll! Quick intro. Just bought a new machine ... gets picked up mid next week. I'm not new to the brand as I'm one of the original MTOC (MT Owners Club). Back in the day I ran a 2005 MT-01 with an MT-03 as a side kick. We were known for terrorising rural Britain and Europe with mass ride outs. The proper 'Rolling Thunder' tours. Years of fun with KODO. Long story short had many, many bikes of all varieties. I generally ride big bore machines but always have a sports bike and a motard to play on. Made complete sense to me to get the MT-09 which will now support a 1700 big bore Thunderbird and an XT1200Z. Anyway, you'll get to know what I'm all about as I explore the limits and potential of the new bike. Looking forward to it and getting to know you all.;)

lee1980

Reaction score
Welcome I had an MT-01 back in 2006 and was on the mt owners forum to, wish I kept it now!!

Swagger

Reaction score
Welcome I had an MT-01 back in 2006 and was on the mt owners forum to, wish I kept it now!!
Hi Lee. Did you ever come on our crazy rides? I was one of the Moderators back then ... always up to something interesting. I still hang with a bunch of the old MT-01 crew ... we all swapped to adventure bikes and do thousands of miles in Europe these days. In fact we're off to Central France in a couple of weeks on the Super Teneres ...

lee1980

Reaction score
Hehe, I never did as no one was local I knew on there, I am in Bristol, and I used to talk to main guy on there called Lazurus, and was up Scotland I think. I only got rid cause it was a bit to high heavy for me, even had a second seat to chop down, I hadnt past my car test at time so was riding it in all weathers on original macadam tyres which were crap in wet! The akra cans with out the baffles were just such an amazing sound!!

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Hi and welcome Lee,
I've also got an XT1200Z in the garage and an XT660X.
Just taxed the XT12 and the MT for the first of April so hope this weather is going to improve for the Easter weekend.
Cheers
Alan