Oxford X30 or X40 tailpack

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Does anyone use one of these with the OEM rack?
What are your opinions please?
Thinking of buying one..
Cheers
Tony

PaulG

Reaction score
I use the X30 without a rack.I looked at the X40 but the 30 looks like it was made for the MT.
When expanded ,is more than large enough for several days worth of clothes etc.
IMG_0759.jpg

Last edited:

MTom

Reaction score
I used the X40 for a four day ride around Luxembourg from the UK. First thing to note is that anything that goes beyond the passenger handstrap on the seat is a no no. Any tail pack like these will push you and your nuts onto the tank.

Im not sure if the X30 comes with a waterproof bag but my X40 did but i was an idiot and put it on the cargo holder on top (see pic). These bags arent waterproof but will keep off a light shower. If i had actually put my clothes in the waterproof bag provided this wouldnt have been an issue, but the added spray from the back wheel drives rain into the bag making it a bit soggy.

Anyway they are a great bag for the price but after carrying 3 x tshirts, 3 x boxers, socks, chargers spare gloves etc... you loose space quickly. I wouldnt recommend these anything more than a weekend away pack.

Pic from St Vith, Belguim.

tom.jpg

R6owdlad

Reaction score
I used the X40 for a four day ride around Luxembourg from the UK. First thing to note is that anything that goes beyond the passenger handstrap on the seat is a no no. Any tail pack like these will push you and your nuts onto the tank.

Im not sure if the X30 comes with a waterproof bag but my X40 did but i was an idiot and put it on the cargo holder on top (see pic). These bags arent waterproof but will keep off a light shower. If i had actually put my clothes in the waterproof bag provided this wouldnt have been an issue, but the added spray from the back wheel drives rain into the bag making it a bit soggy.

Anyway they are a great bag for the price but after carrying 3 x tshirts, 3 x boxers, socks, chargers spare gloves etc... you loose space quickly. I wouldnt recommend these anything more than a weekend away pack.

View attachment 3359
Thanks for that info

R6owdlad

Reaction score

View attachment 3359
Thanks for that info