Pinlock ear plugs - tested

Reaction score
Pinlock Ear Plugs - SPORTSBIKESHOP

492dffc43ae76e7d55794e5b00b5d17a.jpg

These are great, especially for those of us who ride with our Akra DB killers out. You can still hear everything just fine, they just take the edge off of the deep exhaust note and wind noise. My only gripe is that the larger of the two supplied sizes still felt a bit small meaning I have to shove them quite far in to my ears.

If anyone else uses these and happens to use the medium size I'll happily swap my spare medium pair for your spare large pair if you like as the mediums are no use to me at all.

Sent from my iPhone 

Reaction score
Thats good to read as i am thinking about a pair of ear plugs to cut the wind noise out but still be able to hear my intercom and couldn't decide between these and the Auritech ones so all reviews are a bonus.

Reaction score
You'll easily be able to hear your intercom with these.

Sent from my iPhone 

Reaction score
Hi RipGroove , when you say it takes the edge off the wind noise, how much wind noise can you still hear, is it a lot or a little that you can still hear.

Reaction score
Hi RipGroove , when you say it takes the edge off the wind noise, how much wind noise can you still hear, is it a lot or a little that you can still hear.

I'll have to do another ride and pay more attention to it in order to give you an accurate answer. I'm hoping to get out this coming weekend so I'll let you know.

Sent from my iPhone 

Reaction score
Cheers fella, as i say i have been thinking about a pair of reusable earplugs either Auritech or Pinlock ,as i have been using foam plugs but they block out the intercom too much,although they are good at blocking out the wind noise.

Reaction score
Cheers fella, as i say i have been thinking about a pair of reusable earplugs either Auritech or Pinlock ,as i have been using foam plugs but they block out the intercom too much,although they are good at blocking out the wind noise.

I used to use foam ones but they block the exhaust note too much so it takes the enjoyment out of it for me, these Pinlock plugs allow me to hear everything but they claim to block out the harmful sound levels so it's a win win for me.

Sent from my iPhone 

Reaction score
When I first tried them on at home I thought "these are crap, no way they are going to block anything" as I could hear everything at home just fine, but actually on the bike is where they work their magic.

Sent from my iPhone 

Reaction score
Cool ,thats the sort of thing you want to hear,proper reviews from people that have the same type of bike as they will be different on a big tourer with a barn door for a screen where you get less wind noise as the wind noise that i get is horrendous.

Reaction score
Cool ,thats the sort of thing you want to hear,proper reviews from people that have the same type of bike as they will be different on a big tourer with a barn door for a screen where you get less wind noise as the wind noise that i get is horrendous.

Yeah it all helps mate. I'll deffo report back more thoroughly regarding wind noise after I've next been on the bike.

Sent from my iPhone 

Reaction score

Rode again today, I could still hear the wind but it's not harsh at all, it doesn't annoy me or give me ear ache. I should add though that I guess your helmet will have a lot to do with wind noise levels, mines a Shark S700 which is pretty noisy, you may find if you have a quieter helmet than me that the wind noise could be completely gone with these ear plugs.

Sent from my iPhone 

Reaction score
Cool, i have a Schuberth c3 pro now ,so it should do the job,as i only get a small amount of wind noise now,had a shoei gt air which was terrible ,the wind noise was bad as it was a bit big for me.
Also i put my smaller screen back on which helped the wind noise.

Last edited:

bobh

Reaction score
I bought the Auritech plugs a year or so back.

They come in a neat little aluminium tube, but as noise reducers, I don't rate them - as far as I'm concerned they were a waste of 20 quid. For me, they are no better than the least effective foam plugs, and certainly worse than the ordinary cylindrical EAR plugs that I've been using for years.

Having said that, ear cavities vary, so what might not work for me might be perfect for someone else. Which I guess is why some people are prepared to spend a tidy sum on bespoke moulded plugs from the likes of Ultimate Ear.

Reaction score
Cool, i have a Schuberth c3 pro now ,so it should do the job,as i only get a small amount of wind noise now,had a shoei gt air which was terrible ,the wind noise was bad as it was a bit big for me.
Also i put my smaller screen back on which helped the wind noise.

Interesting. I also bought the Schuberth because of claimed reduced wind noise and was hoping I could avoid plugs at least on relaxed rides.
However I found it was almost exactly same result as my Arai astro.

Reaction score
I have been wearing plugs for over 20 years, more often sleep with them in than not.

If you want comfort and excellent isolation then I recommend Howard Leight MAX Lite which you can pick up for 10p a set if you buy a box. I get two weeks out of a pair in daily use.

They do block everything, more low frequency then high: I still wake up to my alarm in the morning with these in.

If you want "filtered" sound then these are not for you.

Reaction score
I actually have an appointment at the end of this month for some custom moulded ear plugs, I'm buying them for work (CNC Machinist) where on some days the noise level can ran reach nearly 100db. They range from £80-100 depending on what you want and they bring noise levels down to a non damaging level but also allow you to hear normal conversation. I reckon they'll also be perfect on the bike, I'll let you know when I get them.

Sent from my iPhone 

Reaction score
Interesting. I also bought the Schuberth because of claimed reduced wind noise and was hoping I could avoid plugs at least on relaxed rides.
However I found it was almost exactly same result as my Arai astro.

What screen do you have on your bike ,as when i had the taller screen on the wind noise was worse,i put the small screen on and the wind noise is less.