Quick Shifter

craigzx9

Reaction score
Hi

Dose anyone have information about fitting a quick shifter to the 09, is Yamaha going to sell a plug and play system like Triumph do.

Or is it PC 5 and there quick shifter.

Craig

braedan

Reaction score
Im currently sorting out getting one. Fitting my PC 5 today, and will order the shifter + rods soon. Will let you know the outcome

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
While ur at it..! Order urself a new gear box and book that in to be changed. It's not a good idea putting a quick shifter on...! That's a one way ticket to wornoutgearsville. Unless ur using the 09 as a track bike I really can't see the point in wasting ur money on something ur really not gonna benefit from. Can u honestly say that u ride quick enuf on the roads to warrant putting a shifter on? Yes it's lovely not having to use ur left hand to pull in the clutch when u change gear but I bet I can change just as quick as u without using the clutch and no quickshifter.

We go through at least 2 gearboxes a season on our race bike bcos of the quick shifter. Although without it we lose on average 2 seconds a lap without one, I'd dread to think how much slower it wud be riding on the public roads if we didn't have one on there lol.
I guess wot I'm trying to say is that although a shifter is very nice to have, it won't do ur box any good and I can't really see any benefit to be made buy spending all that money to not be any quicker on the road, after all, isn't that wot a quick shifter is for? To be quicker???

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees

craigzx9

Reaction score
When I dictate to you what you can and cannot buy then you can have an opinion, I asked a perfectly simple question regarding a quick shifter only to receive a rant from you.

A forum is a place to share ideas and information and not have to listen to your shit!!

Mitch

Reaction score
When I dictate to you what you can and cannot buy then you can have an opinion, I asked a perfectly simple question regarding a quick shifter only to receive a rant from you.

A forum is a place to share ideas and information and not have to listen to your shit!!
Bit hars as all he was doing was giving his opinion ... dont ask the question if u only wont postive answers as thats never the case

Pauldavid

Reaction score
Ooooooooooooooooooohhhhh!!!!!

Have you seen post 4, she's grumpy int' she

misscrabstick

Reaction score

Errmm, I think it's meant as helpful advice and should be taken as such really, I know some people use them because of foot/leg mobility issues.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Starlin, Hitler, Gorbachev, Husain, Ming. They were all dictators..! Hardly in the same league as them now am I... As uv been told by a few people on ere. Don't pose a question if u only want wot u wanna hear back...

I was merely giving u a perspective to peruse, not as u said "dictate" wot u can and can't buy.

Oh and by the way... That was nowhere near a rant so cool ur jets and enjoy the forum like the other 400 odd people so happily and easily do.

U have a lovely evening now sir won't u...

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Out of interest TT, what sort of damage did the gearboxes have? selector issues? dogs broken off?
Worn out selector...selector was bent on one occasion lol. kept throwing up the odd false neural... don't get me wrong, it's an amazing bit of kit but unless ur trying to shave off a few seconds on track they are just a pointless add on...