radiator side covers

Mighty Hard Roker

Reaction score
I've just purchased some of the yamaha mt radiator side covers 1RC-F2467-00-00 guessing there has got to be a few of you on here with these fitted. before i blow the dust of my tool kit just wondered what they are like to fit. Without getting into the destructions it looked like the access to remove the bolts looks a little tight. Any tips or are they a doddle?

MadGelo

Reaction score
to get to the right upper bolt you need to remove the side panel (1 screw and two plastic thingies) and move some of the wires. Ones you get two upper bolts out, you can lower the radiator to get to the bolts in the middle.

My Toy

Reaction score
I managed to fit my rad guard without removing the side panels. Just use a long Allen key and take card not to scratch the paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mighty Hard Roker

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I managed to set some time aside to get this done today. I did end up taking the side panel off one side, one bolt and two pop out pins, (keep an eye out for these dropping or popping out) so I could move the cabling out of the way to access the bolt with an allen key. I then basically removed the top two bolts on the radiator to allow it to move forward which made life a lot easier to access the bolts mid way down each side.