Rattle from cam chain side

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
Hi All,

This morning after starting the bike it made a rattle from the cam chain side. It went away as it warmed up. This is the first time it has happened. Any ideas?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Morning Jim.

I get that every morning (I had my cct changed over 2000 miles ago)! and have had that since day one. The cct is fed from the bikes oil supply as I'm sure u well know and it sometimes takes a bit of time to get that oil to the cct. It mite be due to knock on one notch and that can be a noisy affair as it has a long way to travel to click over. My advise wud be to keep an eye on it. If it hasn't gone away after say... 100 miles I wud get it looked at to see if it needs replacing. When my cct is in the process of knocking over a notch it usually takes between 80-100 miles of noisy riding for it to happen.

I hope that helps.

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

misscrabstick

Reaction score
This is how my cam chain tensioner problem manifested itself, i got a new tensioner fitted by my dealer and now it does not do it.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
It's started and it wont get better. Adjust it yourself right up to the point where you get fed up with the clatter and then book it into the dealer for a swap to the "improved" version :rolleyes:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's started and it wont get better. Adjust it yourself right up to the point where you get fed up with the clatter and then book it into the dealer for a swap to the "improved" version :rolleyes:
Off topic alert...! Have u order an SR seat Marcus?

marcusfordus

Reaction score
No.
I sure wish I bloomin had though, my concern at the time was if all the extra stitching let water through into the foam base and if you ever sat on it would need waterproof trows.Stupid as my strides have a liner in then anyway. Bargain missed, slap around the face deserved.

Whats the next group buy pending ? slap me now :D
Off topic alert...! Have u order an SR seat Marcus?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No.
I sure wish I bloomin had though, my concern at the time was if all the extra stitching let water through into the foam base and if you ever sat on it would need waterproof trows.Stupid as my strides have a liner in then anyway. Bargain missed, slap around the face deserved.

Whats the next group buy pending ? slap me now :D
Cud of sworn Sam said some in called Marcus from the forum ordered a seat and it's on its way. I think someone is trying to organise a G2 throttle tammer group buy.