Rear indicator lenses falling off

isveight

Reaction score
Hi Anyone having their Rear indicator lenses falling off, I am on my third

otaylor38

Reaction score
Why not just upgrade to LED's?

They suit the bike loads better, give that sharp LED flash n you dont have to worry about lenses....

isveight

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, is it a simple installation to fit the LED and did you get a Yamaha one
Thanks

nibor

Reaction score
I agree with stevecbr on this one, mine are tightly screwed in from the underside (MT 0-9) so it is difficult to understand why yours keep falling off, even if the plastic thread in the clear lens is stripped each time you fit a replacement it has a new thread.

isveight

Reaction score
Thanks for replies, the screw is intact, its the lens that's broken clean off, leaving the screw and that part of lens intact, I have replaced again and put some thin black electrical tape on it now, looks ok

chump

Reaction score
sounds like the screw is being overtightened by a ham fisted monkey.

just sayin' it's possible.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Mine went in for 6k service... when I went to pick it up I noticed a cable tie holding the front right lens on... so back in I went.... service guy came out, "Oh Yes! Funny that was, it just fell off, never seen it before", so... why didn't you put a new one on... my mate came here a few weeks ago and had 2 replaced under warrenty... mines still under warrenty.... he took one off a bike in the showroom...

So yes I think its an issue beyond a certain age, mine is 3 at end of June... its kept garaged too.. maybe the glue is just shit..

isveight

Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies, the electrical tape seems to have done the job, what a Div putting a tie round , as if you were not going to notice