Screen

carsicchris

Reaction score
Had a ride to Whitby parked next to a tracer with a MRA bubble screen anyway met the guy he got the screen from H.P.S. at ALFRETON DERBYS. £54 . it is a cracking screen looks good feels solid not like the flimsy tracer screen . The guy says it works perfect in the low setting he was about 5ft 8in . anyway ive ordered one should be here Thursday will post pics when fitted.

J.J.B.

Reaction score
Would be interested to see that too! Gave up on the original screen and bought a Powerbronze touring that was marginally worse! Took a jigsaw to it in the shed yesterday and fashioned this. Hopefully it will fulfil all the criteria of lower wind noise, not flapping about, offering some buffeting protection and not looking too crap either.
image.jpg

carsicchris

Reaction score
mra sceen pics,

Would be interested to see that too! Gave up on the original screen and bought a Powerbronze touring that was marginally worse! Took a jigsaw to it in the shed yesterday and fashioned this. Hopefully it will fulfil all the criteria of lower wind noise, not flapping about, offering some buffeting protection and not looking too crap either.
View attachment 3294
Pictures as promised tested it last night ,im only 5" 9" so I ended up with screen 1" from the bottom of yamahas adjuster limit. it feel solid too.

Attachments

offo

Reaction score
Quite like the look of that, be interested to hear what your thoughts are after using it, i've removed the hand guards from mine as my hands got far too hot & sewaty & for some strange reason i am now getting less buffetting than i had with them on, might put them back on after a while longer just to see if it's all in my mind!

J.J.B.

Reaction score
So what's the deal with the rubber trim around the screen? My Powerbronze screen came with a coil of it but I didn't see the point of fitting it. Is it an aesthetic thing or something that is supposed to add some other kind of benefit?

Swagger

Reaction score
So what's the deal with the rubber trim around the screen ... I didn't see the point of fitting it ... Is it supposed to add some other kind of benefit? ...
I think it's purely because they leave a raw edge that tends to be sharp. The OEM screens from a lot of manufacturers have a moulded round edge. Like you, I bin the stuff.

stringman

Reaction score
I have to say I am liking the look of that screen.
From my observations it seems that the big problem with all the screens is due to the Huuuuge handguards.
I was thinking of binning off the originals and buying some smaller hand guards, this would allow me to get a wider coverage of screen which I think would solve a lot of the problems.

I say think as I haven't even picked up my bike yet ha ha

GRAHAM TRACER 15

Reaction score
I have got the same MRA screen and it is better than standard, it looks great but the wind does get noisy around the helmet, I will get a taller screen next year and use that for touring, the MRA one is ok for general use

Toppie

Reaction score
Had a ride to Whitby parked next to a tracer with a MRA bubble screen anyway met the guy he got the screen from H.P.S. at ALFRETON DERBYS. £54 . it is a cracking screen looks good feels solid not like the flimsy tracer screen . The guy says it works perfect in the low setting he was about 5ft 8in . anyway ive ordered one should be here Thursday will post pics when fitted.

Glad I found this thread. I've had 'MRA' screens on my last three bikes and they've always been good.
I was about to post asking if anyone had fitted the MRA to their Tracer and what their thoughts were.
I'm convinced!
I'll order one now!
Thanks!:rolleyes:

Toppie

Reaction score
Glad I found this thread. I've had 'MRA' screens on my last three bikes and they've always been good.
I was about to post asking if anyone had fitted the MRA to their Tracer and what their thoughts were.
I'm convinced!
I'll order one now!
Thanks!:rolleyes:

And,..........there's one on the way to me now from Harwood Performance parts.
Got a great deal buying from Ireland at 'pre-Brexit price's'

I'll give my opinion when it's fitted.

Toppie

Reaction score
Well, that was money well spent in my opinion.
I was very dubious when it arrived as it's considerably shorter than the OEM
However, performance ways it's streets ahead and the quality seems so much better.
I like the shape and I think it improves the look over the original.
For me, it actually works better on the lower setting which is strange considering the smaller size.
'm around 5'9'' tall and sit fairly upright and the wind seems directed away from my head.
Buffeting is greatly reduced with the MRA and I'm very pleased with my purchase.

MT screen (2).jpgMT screen.jpg

M1keH1ggs

Reaction score
Screen woes

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been done to death but I'm really struggling with the bike. I love the Tracer, performance and everything, apart from the noise! I tried the standard screen for about 2 weeks when I got the bike new then bought a Puig "double bubble", it's slightly shorter than the standard and looks great. It's better for noise than the standard but I still get the thunderous noise which ear plugs don't protect from, probably because it's like something "hitting" the helmet rather than wind rushing over it.

I was trying to convince myself I was OK with it until yesterday's ride. After a bit I got cramp and so stood up on the pegs, as I was almost fully stood up, the thunder noise stopped! When I got where I was going my ears were ringing badly and people had to raise voices when talking to me. Before setting off on my way home I remove the screen and rode home without, the bike's far better, though looks a bit odd with no screen.

I'm around 6' tall so what do I do? I've read about a Puig Touring screen with the small spoiler at the top but am reluctant to spend another £120 on something that might not work, can't keep buying screens just to try them out. Any real recommendations?

Apologies for dredging this up, just can't work out why i struggle so much with it. I don't want to change the bike but may have to. I've ridden my girlfriends MT07 naked and find that much quieter too.

Thanks

Mike

John Barlow

Reaction score
Funnily enough I have one of these for sale in light tint if anyone wants one, only used once! ��