Seat Concepts Group Buy

crotchrocket

Hi All,

Is anyone interested in a group buy on the seat concepts replacement seat foam/cover ?? This comfort seat eliminates the dip at the front and uses a more comfortable foam and its only $159 (plus delivery etc). Thi is a DIY installation, or take it to a local upholsterer. I am going to get one, but if a few are interested we might get some money off, or save delivery ? These went down really well in the US. You can get coloured stitching too.

http://www.seatconcepts.com/products#!/~/product/category=1671359&id=32582109

Last edited:

crotchrocket

With colour coded stitching these are basically £145 delivered. I take it no one else wants one??

This will wait till next month for me anyway, just bought a new helmet cam.

Twozup

I'll have to pass crotch
Nice as the seat looks I think next on my list is going to be re-jjigged forks and new rear shock

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Sadly I'm gonna pass too... Gonna get the street rally seat when it's released as it is completely flat and exactly wot I'm looking for

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Im sort of thinking that too, It can't be more than £200 like the comfort seat can it ???
I managed to speak to the Yamaha rep for the south the other day when he was in the dealership and he couldn't confirm prices yet for the street rally as it's not released yet but he reckons that it won't be as much as the comfort seat....
If anyone does want the comfort seat though, I can get them for about £175....

relz

I just bought one of these this week (brought back from the US by a friend), and I installed it last night.
The installation was surprisingly quite enjoyable, and not complicated at all. They've got a great instructional video that shows you the whole process in real-time from start to end, so I was kind of watching it while working.
I found it quite relaxing, as it's a pretty monotonous technical task (pull - staple - pull) with out involving any mind power.

I don't have any fancy tools, so I used some regular glue (rather than specific sponge spray on glue), and a manual staple gun (rather than an pneumatic one), but it was just fine.
IMG_20141026_223339.jpg
You can see that the sponge goes up quite a fair bit at the front.

(please ignore the messy kitchen in the background, my wife would kill me if she'd see these pictures up there)

I've only ridden with it for a short drive this morning, so all that I can say is that the sponge is nice and soft (softer than stock), and the cover is definitely grippier than stock. Obviously the front end is higher up, which is supposed to stop the forward slide and ball crushing problem (the main reason I got it), but I can only really test that on a longer drive, as the problem usually starts bothering me after at least half an hour of riding.

PaulMT-09

I also fitted the same seat to my bike last month, and being a 240lbs rider the standard seat was giving me a numb butt after 20 mins, plus the nut crushing. The s
seat concepts foam is way better and can comfortably ride hrs now, also the not sliding forward helps as well. The only downside for me is being so tall is that to make the seat flatter they have essentially lowered it slightly. I would like to sit a bit higher.
Others than that, no complaints and well worth the investment.
Although when available I will plump up the cash for Rally or Tracker seat.

alan_manic

Too impatient. I've just ordered a kit. $220.89 delivered.

That's £140 delivered.... not bad. I really wanted the sargent seat but couldn't justify £320.

Kinjane

I don't mind spending the money, but for the price asked for the Sargent Seat, I want to try before I buy. If I can, and it works, I can recoup some of the cost by selling my SR seat.
I find the SR comfortable enough but it's just a little too tall for my liking.