slight waggle at speed

Yam MT 09

Reaction score
hi all , just a quickie , was out today and hit the dual carriageway , at 125 with a constant throttle just started to notice a slight waggle of the bars , nothing major . tyre pressure and everything else same as normal , maybe just the road surface - recently resurfaced , anybody else noticed anything like this ? thanks MTers in advance

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Because of the bike is so light when were on dual riding the front has a lot less weight to press the wheel downforce.
If there is a side wind then the wobbling starts earlier, after 170-180km (110mph)
I've felt what you wrote many times...
The opposite symptom is when accelerating and the speed is more than 120mph with no wobbling, the passenger is trying to keep his/her butt on the seat.. in otherwords is "flying" (very-very scary feeling).
Generally the bike seems "sensitive" on windy weather..

stevecbr

Reaction score
Yes, I have found the bike to be sensitive to conditions. Tyres make a big difference, I fitted BT023's and the wobble was horrendous, you literally couldnt ride much over 100. Went back to the S20's and the wobble went.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Because of the bike is so light when were on dual riding the front has a lot less weight to press the wheel downforce.
If there is a side wind then the wobbling starts earlier, after 170-180km (110mph)
I've felt what you wrote many times...
The opposite symptom is when accelerating and the speed is more than 120mph with no wobbling, the passenger is trying to keep his/her butt on the seat.. in otherwords is "flying" (very-very scary feeling).
Generally the bike seems "sensitive" on windy weather..
I have had this problem re-windy weather more so after a Vindalue or Madras:rolleyes: