So I just ordered a new MT-09 :-)

RipGroove

Reaction score
Never bought a brand new vehicle before but went to test ride an MT-09 today and after failing to get them to sell me the demo bike I ended ordering a new one!

'14 reg
Matte Grey
Akrapovic
Fly screen
TAX
Registration fee

£7200

The on the road price was near £6900 so I've got the screen and Akrapovik for £300 which I think is pretty good, plus I also get the full warranty and the piece of mind that I get to run it in.

As said, I've never bought anything like that new before but considering 90% of the used examples around are ex demo's I can kinda of justify it to myself, still scary though!

Get to pick it up next Saturday morning! :)

Last edited:

marcusfordus

Reaction score
That's a pretty good deal, remember it "should" come datatagged and include that as one of the two parts for your insurance company 10% security discount.

Datatagging is included on ALL new Yamaha's no matter what bulls**it certain dealers come out with.

RipGroove

Reaction score
That's a pretty good deal, remember it "should" come datatagged and include that as one of the two parts for your insurance company 10% security discount.

Datatagging is included on ALL new Yamaha's no matter what bulls**it certain dealers come out with.
Oh ok cool, they didn't mention anything about tagging though.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ALL new bikes have to be data tagged now as it's the law due to so many bikes being stolen to order and split down for resale of their parts. Insist that they do it before u pick it up...!

RipGroove

Reaction score
ALL new bikes have to be data tagged now as it's the law due to so many bikes being stolen to order and split down for resale of their parts. Insist that they do it before u pick it up...!
Cool, they are calling me Tuesday so I can choose a reg number, will ask them then, thanks for the info both of you.

Spot

Reaction score
That is a fantastic deal, you lucky git!
Did it require much negotiation and which dealer did you get it from?
You are aware that the grey ones are the slowest though, yeah?
;)

RipGroove

Reaction score
That is a fantastic deal, you lucky git!
Did it require much negotiation and which dealer did you get it from?
You are aware that the grey ones are the slowest though, yeah?
;)
lol yeah it didn't feel that quick tbh (NOT)! TBH not much negotiating really, I was originally after the demo bike as they do have it listed for sale but when it come down to it they decided as they have lots of test rides booked that they aren't ready to let it go just yet after all so maybe they felt a little bad. They were the ones who actually put the deal together and offered it to me, all I did was explain that I do have a budget, that it was do or die today and also offered to pay £500 there and then.

It was at Skellerns in Worcester, very nice people.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
Good for Skellerns for being open with you. You could have gone anywhere else if they hadn't, but it is handy if you buy the bike locally for the servicing and dealer back-up as and when you need it.

They wont push the Datatag thing at you as it costs them workshop time to fit it and register it through the dealer online facility. You need to make sure you get it from them.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Good for Skellerns for being open with you. You could have gone anywhere else if they hadn't, but it is handy if you buy the bike locally for the servicing and dealer back-up as and when you need it.

They wont push the Datatag thing at you as it costs them workshop time to fit it and register it through the dealer online facility. You need to make sure you get it from them.
Yeah they were very nice guys, also I will defo push for the datatag thing.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol yeah it didn't feel that quick tbh (NOT)! TBH not much negotiating really, I was originally after the demo bike as they do have it listed for sale but when it come down to it they decided as they have lots of test rides booked that they aren't ready to let it go just yet after all so maybe they felt a little bad. They were the ones who actually put the deal together and offered it to me, all I did was explain that I do have a budget, that it was do or die today and also offered to pay £500 there and then.

It was at Skellerns in Worcester, very nice people.
Holly shit that's my home town..! I grew up there b4 I joined the army. My parents and whole family still live in Worcester. I'm surprised skellerns wasn't under water lol.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Holly shit that's my home town..! I grew up there b4 I joined the army. My parents and whole family still live in Worcester. I'm surprised skellerns wasn't under water lol.
Cool! I'm actually from down the road in Stroud so Skellerns in Cheltenham are my local dealers, they share demo bikes and it just happened to be in Worcester this week so I went up there after it.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So ur even closer to me than Worcester then...! I think we've all gotta meet up for an Ace Café trip in the summer