something seriously wrong here

M

MT account

as you might know ive got an MT and an FZ, im not bragging about it cos theyre both less than the cost of an MV, BMW, a footballers wife (for a week) etc, so no big deal.

THE BIG DEAL IS THE POWER FFS!:eek: i was on the FZ untill 2 days ago, i did 2800km on it under all conditions including after a few bottles of bravery. it was good but it sure wasnt as fast as the MT.
i oiled the chain on the MT today and nipped round the spoon for a splash of self lubing and then took the beast out for a spin. UNBELIEVEABLY FAST through every gear! the forks were shaking and hardly touching tar in 4 gears and 6th gear was faster on the roll on than 4th on the FZ........WTF is going on there?
its like 2 totally different bikes, B mode on the MT is better than A on the FZ!!!!
i was scaring the crap out of myself this afternoon while hooning around the chippenham area (thats all youre gonna get officer) on a back road circut ive become fond of, the roll on power and acceleration is far far superior to the output of the FZ. so if the 2 engines are the same then all this must be down to the map on the ECU?
if so then all you American chappies are being properly ripped off on power output and ill be wanting to know from yamaha about how i can get my FZ mapped to UK specs.
dont take my word for this, get on a plane this winter and take a ride on my FZ, you'll be amazed at how placid it is.......:eek:

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
as you might know ive got an MT and an FZ, im not bragging about it cos theyre both less than the cost of an MV, BMW, a footballers wife (for a week) etc, so no big deal.

THE BIG DEAL IS THE POWER FFS!:eek: i was on the FZ untill 2 days ago, i did 2800km on it under all conditions including after a few bottles of bravery. it was good but it sure wasnt as fast as the MT.
i oiled the chain on the MT today and nipped round the spoon for a splash of self lubing and then took the beast out for a spin. UNBELIEVEABLY FAST through every gear! the forks were shaking and hardly touching tar in 4 gears and 6th gear was faster on the roll on than 4th on the FZ........WTF is going on there?
its like 2 totally different bikes, B mode on the MT is better than A on the FZ!!!!
i was scaring the crap out of myself this afternoon while hooning around the chippenham area (thats all youre gonna get officer) on a back road circut ive become fond of, the roll on power and acceleration is far far superior to the output of the FZ. so if the 2 engines are the same then all this must be down to the map on the ECU?
if so then all you American chappies are being properly ripped off on power output and ill be wanting to know from yamaha about how i can get my FZ mapped to UK specs.
dont take my word for this, get on a plane this winter and take a ride on my FZ, you'll be amazed at how placid it is.......:eek:

Emission restrictions???

M

MT account

Emission restrictions???
it has got a big carbon can under the fuel tank n if i get wind that thats causing some restriction then the thing is going in the bin! ill take a careful look for differences between the 2 but it all feels like the ecu to me.

MadGelo

Reaction score
how can there be a stricter emission restrictions in the land of the Murica where everyone drives pickups, than in communist Europe?

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it has got a big carbon can under the fuel tank n if i get wind that thats causing some restriction then the thing is going in the bin! ill take a careful look for differences between the 2 but it all feels like the ecu to me.
Let us know what you find out between the physical differences... But yeah, could be built in ECU restrictions. Interesting stuff.

M

MT account

Let us know what you find out between the physical differences... But yeah, could be built in ECU restrictions. Interesting stuff.
the obvious thing to do would be to take my UK ecu over on the next trip n plug it in...........but the UK bikes have an immobiliser so it wont work as the key is chipped etc. .

flydnb

Reaction score
yeah fascinating , now tell me about the ladyboys.[video=youtube;d8ctvX7g6c0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ctvX7g6c0[/video]

Y

youngy

so you're saying the yamks get a restricted version while we get the full power jobbie?

maybe this is why so many reflash their ecu over there?

Last edited:
M

MT account

so you're saying the yamks get a restricted version while we get the full power jobbie?

maybe this is why so many reflash their ecu over there?
im not just saying it im guaranteeing it, unless anyone else has 1 of each version and can tell me otherwise?

M

MT account

yeah fascinating , now tell me about the ladyboys.[video=youtube;d8ctvX7g6c0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8ctvX7g6c0[/video]
lovely, ill be singing that all day tomorrow...............:rolleyes:

Kinjane

Reaction score
Doesn't France still have a 106 bhp motorcycle restriction ? If so there must be restricted versions available.

flydnb

Reaction score
Doesn't France still have a 106 bhp motorcycle restriction ? If so there must be restricted versions available.
yeah you are right there, we get the fastest ones, the amercan red is the slowest followed by the matt grey then the race blue , then the deep armor, but quickest is the blazing orange clues in the name.

M

MT account

yeah you are right there, we get the fastest ones, the amercan red is the slowest followed by the matt grey then the race blue , then the deep armor, but quickest is the blazing orange clues in the name.
so its quite an easy fix then, ill bung me orange tank in a airport proof box and it'll all be fine come xmas........

Kinjane

Reaction score
Blazing Orange ? Well there's no way I'd ever be seen on something looking like a can of Tango fitted with wheels:cool:

Personally I would have prefered a Beige one, but as Yamaha have so far declined my advice to produce that particular colour option, I' ve decided to be slightly more discreet with a Grey one.

I've certainly no problems with riding the slower bike fast ;)