This is torture (engine break in)

RipGroove

Reaction score
Also I may end up keeping this one for a while as we're selling the house and getting bigger one, along with a bigger mortgage, so less spare money for a while :-(

flydnb

Reaction score
back on the thread subject, Im up to 250 miles now, im tending mix up my road selection like some slow b roads with lots of gear changing then some faster b roads and a bit of dual carriageway, for the most part I am always under the 5600 rpm but occasionally open it up then back down to 5600 and below.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stroud is a really nice place. I grew up just up the road from u lol

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

anthony1979

Reaction score
I picked up mine on Saturday, I'm still unsure on who to listen to about breaking in.. I think that I won't be able to keep it under 5600rpm for 1000kms that's for sure. But I will be taking it fairly easy and not keeping it above that for "prolonged periods of time" whatever the hell that actually means. I wish Yamaha went into more detail on this in the owners manual.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aarrggg. My post was frapped by the evil Dr Twozup and made to say something else..!
Mods.... Another ban if u wud b so kind lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes please ban me! Costing me a bloody fortune buying all trips cast offs!

Click [HERE] then {HERE}
Pmsl. U loves it really...! Gonna order the new pipes tomorrow after my hospital appointment...! Got some serious haggling to do with my mate I can tell u lol

RipGroove

Reaction score
I picked up mine on Saturday, I'm still unsure on who to listen to about breaking in.. I think that I won't be able to keep it under 5600rpm for 1000kms that's for sure. But I will be taking it fairly easy and not keeping it above that for "prolonged periods of time" whatever the hell that actually means. I wish Yamaha went into more detail on this in the owners manual.
It's REALLY hard not to open it up. Just as the engine and exhaust start to really growl you have to let off again! Also worth noting that its not only the engine you're breaking in, its the clutch, gearbox, brakes and tyres too.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just as the engine and exhaust start to really growl you have to let off again!
Only if ur scared of the beast lol.
I pinned it on Sunday on a "closed road"! And the thing was still trying to shake its head and pop the front up in 6th doing "some quick speed"! Lol.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Only if ur scared of the beast lol.
I pinned it on Sunday on a "closed road"! And the thing was still trying to shake its head and pop the front up in 6th doing "some quick speed"! Lol.

I'm not scared at all, I can't wait for the day I can open it right up!