Tracer Hard Seat

Hoskinshob

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Paul, a mature rider who has just bought a Tracer. Overall, I am really pleased with my purchase, however there is one thing that I really need to address, and that is the hard seat. I must say that the riding position is very comfortable, especially for someone of my height (6' 2'). Can anyone advise me of my options for a more comfortable seat:

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I have the low seat fitted to mine, as I am on the short side and the seat is just as hard, I did try the comfort seat on the demo bike but it did not seem a lot better. I just put up with it for shorter rides, but when touring or on a longer full days ride, I use my Air Hawk cushion. You cannot beat it for comfort.

Shaun64

Reaction score
I found the seat very uncomfortable for the first 500 mile or so but after that it's turned into a very good seat,I would put up with the seat untill your 600 mile service and I bet you it will be a much better seat.

jimmymac

Reaction score
I thought the seat on mine was hard as well especially after having a v strom but after a wee while my old butt seems to have got used to it, you just need to let your butt adjust ;)

Carvern

Reaction score
Such a hard seat, coming from a ZZR1400 it's awful. Cannot ride at all with draggin jeans, but once I put my leathers on, it solves the problem and of course with textiles too. Have thought about a Air Hawk, but as we are approaching the end of summer I'll just stick to leathers.

Russ Quinlan

Reaction score
OK for me, done 2000 miles since getting it (with 900 on the clock) in April and its one of the most comfortable ones I've had 'off the shelf'
Even my missus said its the first bike we've had (and we've had a few!) where the seat doesn't need anything doing to it, usually I get a custom padded one for every bike I can remember. but not this one.
Only issue is the stupid way the front is fitted so that its not really fixed properly and can move about.
Other than that, its comfortable for us anyway
;)