Turkish presenter review of the MT-09

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I'd love to know what he's saying. It's funny already.

Read the coments and use the translate button beneath for a bigger laugh ! Lost in translation somewhere along the line "Engine clean for more than 25 thousand bombs father or ahhh ahhhh beautiful country sikermi keep my sabaha do you have the gasoline excise tax money ooof money offf ." :D

Last edited:

Stripy

Reaction score
He haven't, by any chance, just had an interpreter job somewhere in South Africa? ;)

Seca Yamaha

Reaction score
I can translate it for you guys...

First off, the guy is called Man in the Golden Suit. The test track is, I suspect, the Istanbul formula 1 circuit. Price of the bike is 25k Turkish Lira (just under £7.000).

The Yamaha Dealers invited press over, but neglected us! We got angry and told Yamaha Turkey "Hey, what about us?", to which they replied "No problem! Here, take one for testing".

Apparently, there was another reason for them to not invite us. Chief, this engine is so nice... You take it, ride it, and you can't let it go! Tonight, when we return this bike, we will shed tears.

[Introduction, track footage]

Let's start with the design. The front looks like nothing else. Yamaha looks to the past when updating their bikes. Besides, what was the Yamaha mantra? To stand out from the other Japanese brands with respect to technology, design, innovation. They were the brand who dared. But around the 2000s, with the decline in the economy, they became more subdued and traditional, and began to follow the mainstream. Now, they're back on track. Like I said, the front loks like nothing else. Yes, the headlight is small, but the frame is like a diamond - "I made you a diamond frame, boss!"

The shape of the frame resembles a diamond, and the engine is a stressed element with the swing arm to better withstand forces of torque. Awesome! And, the engine block. Brother, the engine is a three cylinder design. Not four, not two, but three. This setup also accomodates that weird crossplane crank from the R1. They've taken that and altered it somewhat. These three cylinders make up about 850CC, give out 115bhp, and about 105 of these are transferred to the rear wheel.

[Imitating a weird voice] "Well, 105bhp is a little weak", you might say. But when you sit on the bike, this narrow seat and the tiny rear of the tank feels like sitting on a bicycle. It's so easy to steer. And all included, it weighs only 190 kilos. Fuel, oil, and all liquids included. Before, makers would only advertise dry weight, no battery, no fuel, no oil. So they would end up with another number. But this one is 190 kilos, all included. Wonderful!

And that three cylinder engine. It's so well made. You know wheelies, brother? Then you got the right bike. This one has three riding modes. One is "Standard", a little bit rebellious, and it does hesitate a bit when you open the throttle. It resembles an angry neighborhood hooligan.
The second is totally eccentric. You know that guy who becomes violent by just hearing someone talk next to them. That guy who will verbally assault anyone? That guy is the "A mode". You take the A mode of the MT-09 and open the throttle on first gear, you go wheelie. Second gear, open throttle, you go wheelie. It's light, it's agile. And then it's powerful like a bear. It runs like nothing else.
During marketing, they've written "This bike will make you run fast while riding slow". In Turkish, this means you can go full apache. Going fast while going slow is to make you go "he he he he" during city traffic. Faster speeds can be a bit unbearable. 190 or 200 and beyond, you might start to feel it in your arms and neck.

So that was the "Standard" and "A mode". Then you have the "B mode". If you're anxious about the hesitation with the "A mode" or get tired of it, go to "B mode". Or if the weather is rainy and you're afraid to slip. You guys know the state of the roads in this country. To avoid this, we put the bike into B mode, and things run much smoother. Yeah, you cut some of the horse power, and it does reduce the throttle response. It's a bit more calm bike. You know, you can get tired of travelling with a psychopath. You can't always hang out with your crazy friend. He will make you lose it sometimes. You'll think "that's enough! I can only stand this guy for five more minutes". This engine does have some odd behaviour. But you can fix that with the mode selection switch right here, and keep on riding with whatever mental state you're in, buddy.

What you might not like; if you're unexperienced, you might feel the bike is overpowered when it goes "huuup". That might give you a hard time. Also, if you're throttle hand is weak, you might be let down by the hesitation. If you're riding in between cars during city traffic, the relatively short swing radius might make things harder. It's weird, but I think it turns more to the right than left, but I'm not sure. Maybe I'm just making that up, but especially when turning to the left, I did feel like tipping over a few times riding slow. That might make it a bit hard to ride the bike, but aside from that, it's an exceptional bike.

On to handling. The wheels are Dunlop something something - Sportmax D214. You might not get top performance with these tires on Turkish roads. The tires a of a harder rubber. We tried the bike on track at the Intercity Park. Of course, here you can do miracles with any tire. We went in and tested the tires, suspension, power. I liked it a alot! You know what I like the most? In these times when our income is reduced, living standards are on a sinister decline, inflation not being reflected correctly... We're totally screwed. Making money is harder for everybody. Yamaha have thought of this, and I am grateful for their decision. In these times, the price is right. You might think "for whom is the price right?", and you are correct. But for this price in November, you get a wonderful bike. A guy can't really pick and choose among bikes in this price range. You'll get bikes with much poorer performance. Slow bikes that won't go nearly as much. And if you want a high performance bike, you have to pay double what this one costs. You get a lot of bike for this price. I am grateful to Yamaha for that. I love this bike, the Mt-09. I have ridden bikes really nice bikes in the past, but you have to pay dearly for them. This bike makes you think you should sell off your older ride to get this one.

I don't want to go into the details - you can find those anywhere. Like Sumitomo monobloc radial calipers in the front that don't expand much during braking, or the three driving modes, or the level of adjustments to be done on the rear swing arm, or the fact that it's 23 kilos lighter that the Fazer 8 with 10bhp more, Things like these you can read anywhere. It has a nice display. It's small and includes a lot of information. Gear indicator, fuel consumption, lap timer, and so on. It has a nice design. It runs great. The wheelie is awesome. The braking is superb. You can strike terror in the hearts of many in city traffic. If you're from our clan, I can recommend the MT-09. You have to try it!

[Exit footage, awesome guitar solo]

MOZSIPAHI

Reaction score
I can translate it for you guys...

First off, the guy is called Man in the Golden Suit. The test track is, I suspect, the Istanbul formula 1 circuit. Price of the bike is 25k Turkish Lira (just under £7.000).
Very good translation, I assume that u r Turkish?