Tyre wear

flydnb

Reaction score
Cheers triple they sound good mate , will either these or the pirelli angel sts .

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chris West

Reaction score
I've just had a BT023 nailed on the front. The original had lasted 9k, so not bad .
The next tyre change will probably be the pair, so at that point I think I'll go for the P4s as they sound great.
However I'm very happy with the BT023s, so would only change for the promise of something even better that will transform my life (much in the same way as my last Window's upgrade transformed my online experience-not lol)
In fairness I'm guessing I ride well within the performance envelope (pretentious alert!) of these tyres :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

MT account

ive just found a brand new bt014 front in my mancave. its dated 04 but is still spanking new...........id take it over there n bung it on my ER cos its for sale but its not an easy thing to stick in a carry on cabin bag, especially as i need a rear too........:rolleyes:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ive just found a brand new bt014 front in my mancave. its dated 04 but is still spanking new...........id take it over there n bung it on my ER cos its for sale but its not an easy thing to stick in a carry on cabin bag, especially as i need a rear too........:rolleyes:
Wear it round ur waist and put a big jumper on lol.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've just had a BT023 nailed on the front. The original had lasted 9k, so not bad .
The next tyre change will probably be the pair, so at that point I think I'll go for the P4s as they sound great.
However I'm very happy with the BT023s, so would only change for the promise of something even better that will transform my life (much in the same way as my last Window's upgrade transformed my online experience-not lol)
In fairness I'm guessing I ride well within the performance envelope (pretentious alert!) of these tyres :)

PR4's rock lol

M

MT account

Wear it round ur waist and put a big jumper on lol.

you wanna come with me? i need someone to wear a 160 rear..............hey heres an idea.....

2 weeks free accomodation in a seaview apartment if you lug 2 tyres over there for me, all you need a big jumper or 2.:)
20131218_174955_Richtone(HDR).jpg

sorry-dunno how i managed to get 2 pics on there?:confused:

Attachments

Birdy

Reaction score
I am now going to wade in with my vast knowledge .Just had new Avon fitted by a local bike shack near me ... old school place ,fly press in one corner, tig set in another and smells of oil and coffee ! 3 guys run the place as a hobby more than a business , there wives have all got good jobs and they dick around with bikes all day, the lucky barstewards ! They do a bit of drag racing and work on building a few project/custom stuff for customers . Anyhoo... we were chatting about me putting Avon on the back with Dunlop on the front...conclusion.. if money was no object, then yep , matched tyres ... great .But...and this guy used to do a lot of club racing... he said if most riders were not told 99% probably wouldnt know. If we are not attempting a 130 mph lap of the island there will be no problem at road speeds.. even giving it the berries ! I have run un matched tyres on loads of bikes and i never noticed any evil handling traits , except on my GSX 1100 which had built in evil handling traits ! Let the flaming / abuse commence from the riding gods ! But remember.. i started this thread so bollox...:p

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am now going to wade in with my vast knowledge .Just had new Avon fitted by a local bike shack near me ... old school place ,fly press in one corner, tig set in another and smells of oil and coffee ! 3 guys run the place as a hobby more than a business , there wives have all got good jobs and they dick around with bikes all day, the lucky barstewards ! They do a bit of drag racing and work on building a few project/custom stuff for customers . Anyhoo... we were chatting about me putting Avon on the back with Dunlop on the front...conclusion.. if money was no object, then yep , matched tyres ... great .But...and this guy used to do a lot of club racing... he said if most riders were not told 99% probably wouldnt know. If we are not attempting a 130 mph lap of the island there will be no problem at road speeds.. even giving it the berries ! I have run un matched tyres on loads of bikes and i never noticed any evil handling traits , except on my GSX 1100 which had built in evil handling traits ! Let the flaming / abuse commence from the riding gods ! But remember.. i started this thread so bollox...:p
hahaha fair play bud... thanks for the info...I for one will be keeping that in mind when I need new rubber....

Birdy

Reaction score
hahaha fair play bud... thanks for the info...I for one will be keeping that in mind when I need new rubber....
Perhaps i should add as a caveat (huh!) that i once did 110 mph on my mates father in laws BMW K100....thought the handling a touch ....vague, and commented as such when i took it back ."These bee emms handle shite " i proclaimed knowingly in front of my biker mates...then someone pointed out the front tyre... 10 psi in it....my how we laughed :eek: Feel free to ignore all my advice ... i do .:cool:

anthony1979

Reaction score
So I destroyed my rear Dunlop after 2000kms and then replaced it with a Michelin Pilot power 2CT. I went for a two compound tyre to prevent more wear down the centres as I use the bike for commuting during the week, and ride mountain twisties on the weekends.
I really loved the feel of this tyre compared to the dunlop and thought that when the time came to replace the front, I would put one on there too.

So I just completed a week long 2000km mountain tour around Korea and my front dunlop is well worn around the edges and the centres so it is definitely time to change that.
Then I noticed that my rear Michelin was down to the markers in the centres already !! It still has some left on the edges though.. I was pretty shocked to see so much wear down the centres after such a short period, especially on a 2CT.
So now is my time to replace both front and rear.
I am not interested in riding in the wet, we don't get much rain here and when we do I take the car, so I want a long lasting tyre thats good for commuting but also something that doesn't suck in the twisties. Any recommendations on what to go for next?

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Im getting the feeling its all down to preference, there are LOADS to choose from!!

Bridgestone S20
Metzler Z8
Michelin PR4
Pirelli Angel ST

etc etc etc

Birdy

Reaction score
Modern tyres are really good... just dont seem to last ! Better than riding into a hedge tho . Got a spare new Avon Ultra off my mate, and had an Avon 3D (?) fitted the other week. Asked for a dual compound , so hope it lasts better than the Bridgestone , which was toast at 2200 miles.After riding home today from work today tho, i noticed the tyre was real warm to the touch , usually the sign of a quick wearing sticky tyre ? :( Anyone know better....?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Modern tyres are really good... just dont seem to last ! Better than riding into a hedge tho . Got a spare new Avon Ultra off my mate, and had an Avon 3D (?) fitted the other week. Asked for a dual compound , so hope it lasts better than the Bridgestone , which was toast at 2200 miles.After riding home today from work today tho, i noticed the tyre was real warm to the touch , usually the sign of a quick wearing sticky tyre ? :( Anyone know better....?
I've done almost 3k on my PR4's and they still look like they were only fitted yesterday..!

Slappyhead

Reaction score
My original Dunlops are getting squared off, really fancy PR4's but struggling to find a 'ride in ride out' in Hampshire. Any suggestions?