Video: MT-09 $25 levers from Ebay

M

MT account

you cant beat those cheap chinese levers! i have my genuine triumph levers on ebay now and theyre bid up to £51 with 5 hrs to go........i swopped them for £17 chinese ones which feel exactly the same.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Being an engineer, the only thing that bothers me is the nasty cheap grade aluminium they'll be made of. There really is a world of difference between the high spec materials and the lower spec swiss cheese type stuff. I'd never trust the cheaper stuff on my bike in any structual situation, whether levers are classed as strucual is anyones guess.

Sent from outer space

misscrabstick

Reaction score
I have chinese levers like these, after i fitted them i jammed a plastic mallet handle between the grip and the inside of the lever near the pivot point and pulled as hard as i could to make sure they were not made of peanut butter, they passed this test and i am fairly sure the ;lever won't go snapping during a emergency stop etc.

M

MT account

if you need to pull on a brake lever so hard as to snap it off im quite sure you would have done an mighty impressive endo long before reaching 1% of its breaking strain. i wont be conned by the genuine b/s again, its chinese all the way for me.
triumph levers £150 new
chinese levers £17.00 new
i make that 8.82 sets of cheap levers for 1 'genuine set'.
give it a year or so and they should have tooled up to copy the asv ones by then.......happy days

W8ENN

Reaction score
Had them on my last 5 bikes without problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twozup

Reaction score
I've never heard of a brake break incident in all my time? Other than the obvious crashing I'm pretty sure the cheap Chinese shite will stand up to the pretty minor force needed to apply braking pressure. The master cylinder does all the hard work......

Sent from my mind using my fingers

M

MT account

well im loving the street triple anoraks as they will pay stupid money for 'genuine' levers............mine just sold on ebay, ill be re-investing that in my favorite past time next week, along with the fat bar money as well.......:rolleyes:
anoraks.jpg

RipGroove

Reaction score
well im loving the street triple anoraks as they will pay stupid money for 'genuine' levers............mine just sold on ebay, ill be re-investing that in my favorite past time next week, along with the fat bar money as well.......:rolleyes:
View attachment 1557
Christ, nice.

Sent from outer space

M

MT account

and he lives right where im having a rideout this morning..............so i put the postage towards the fuel......wish they were all like that:rolleyes:

RipGroove

Reaction score
and he lives right where im having a rideout this morning..............so i put the postage towards the fuel......wish they were all like that:rolleyes:
Winner!

Sent from outer space