Wearing through paint etc...

RipGroove

Reaction score
The bike has only done 700 miles and I've already worn through the laquar and coating (clear anodising?) See photo below, its actually the other side of the bike I've worn through but don't happen to have a photo of that side.

My rear brake line has also worn through the paint on the swingarm too. Little bit annoyed tbh as if it's wearing through paint after 700 light miles then I dread to think what it'll be like after a few thousand :-(

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got that on both sides of the rear sets mate. No one has done rear set protectors yet either. Getting my mate to make some carbon ones for me. I had a tiny bit of paint scrap from the OEM. After I changed to braided lines it has stopped doing it so I'm guessing the stock lines aren't positioned rite

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees

stevecbr

Reaction score
the heel guards always wear the paint off, most bikes I have had do it if you wear boots, the FZ was like it to.
My MT is wearing the same, I dont think there is much you can do.
I was thinking of cutting a carbon sticker sheet to cover it up, and be prepared to do it again when it peels off.
Even if you painted them, the paint would wear off

and

Last edited:

sporti

Reaction score
thought about having them powder coated?

Spot

Reaction score
You might not like it, but to be honest I reckon that's just normal wear & tear :(
Maybe it's happened a bit sooner than you'd expect but heel guards are something i'd always expect to start looking scuffed and shitty before long.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Noticed spots of rust on the front discs and the rear shock when i was cleaning it. Putting under a cover from now on !

stevecbr

Reaction score
thought about having them powder coated?
Yes, did think about it, but to remove the pegs you have to remove the swingarm! As there is no centre stand, and an abba stand wont fit the MT, I really cant be arsed with all the hassle, not to mention having £7000 worth of bike balanced on beer crates in my garage for days while its being done!
A carbon sticker sheet is the easy option!

flydnb

Reaction score
its funny, why cant they make bikes that don't corrode, but a bit of wear from your boots is to be expected I suppose, I was looking at my mates zx9r kwaka with 55k miles on it and there isn't a bit of rust on it and the engine sounds silky smooth not as metallic sounding as the yam, I have found yams a bit more like a bag of nails sounding than other engines anyway .

flydnb

Reaction score
Got one, lol! But this was on the 'C' bracket at the bottom. Doesn't really bother me but I just wonder what it will look like in a few years !
is around the pivot bracket underneath crotch ? did you drench it in acf 50

sporti

Reaction score
Yes, did think about it, but to remove the pegs you have to remove the swingarm! As there is no centre stand, and an abba stand wont fit the MT, I really cant be arsed with all the hassle, not to mention having £7000 worth of bike balanced on beer crates in my garage for days while its being done!
A carbon sticker sheet is the easy option!
lol, I see your point

Schultzy

Reaction score
Yeah I started getting marks within the first couple of hundred kms - it didnt help that I was sometimes wearing non-ridiing boots that had a zipper touching it which made the problem worse. Ive just put some clear adhesive plastic film over it for the time being until I can think of a better option...