Need Help Weird Fluid Leak

Flipfinite

Reaction score
Hey everyone, some guidance would be much appreciate on a recent issue that has surfaced with my new mt09.

Twice now, I have left work in the afternoon to see a small (quarter sized) green wet spot underneath the fuel tank evap/overflow tube (near the kickstand). On both occasions, it was hot and sunny (80f), which would indicate a normal(?) drip resulting from evaporating/expanding gasoline.

The issue is… the liquid is green and oily! My first thought was a coolant leak, but my coolant is blue, and now I’m stuck scratching my head.

Has anyone had the same thing happen to them or is there another explanation as to what is happening? Any help would be greatly appreciate. The bike has under 700 miles.

Attachments

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Is the fluid dripping from an overflow pipe ? And the colour is definitely green ? dark or light when on your finger ?

Flipfinite

Reaction score
There are two tubes coming out of the bottom of the fuel tank area. The fluid appears to be coming out of the one that terminates higher up, then dripping down off the other one. I can’t see anywhere else it could be coming from with a flashlight and just feeling around. It appears light on the finger, a pretty faint green, hard to even see it’s green without the sun shining down on it.

Flipfinite

Reaction score
There are two tubes coming out of the bottom of the fuel tank area. The fluid appears to be coming out of the one that terminates higher up, then dripping down off the other one. I can’t see anywhere else it could be coming from with a flashlight and just feeling around. It appears light on the finger, a pretty faint green, hard to even see it’s green without the sun shining down on it. Also, it smells like oil