What are the common problems?

limmy

Reaction score
Hi guys? I'm contemplating getting a MT09 Tracer and was wondering what are the common problems people are complaining about?

I had a look at Technical forum but I didn't notice a common theme.

TIA.

Shaun64

Reaction score
It's Japanese so it should be very reliable,only problem I've had is the screen causes wind noise but that's just a case of changing the screen,the suspension for Normal riding is fine but on bumpy twistie roads going quickly it gets a little bit out of shape,Ive found they clean up nice and all the stainless steel looks good quality,it's a great bike really and if you test ride one my guess is you will buy one.what bike have you got now?.

Unfazed

Reaction score
The seat's hard but softens up over a bit, the suspension settings are harsh but easily sorted, the stock tyres are crap in the rain (easily sorted again!)

Other then that it's a belter! Just back from a 4 day trip round Germany and Luxembourg and the bike was fantastic, especially in A mode

Go for a test ride, you'll want one. I changed my VFR12 for a Tracer and haven't looked back

Unfazed

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the screen.

I thought it was noisy at the start then found that I hadn't fitted my visor properly after fitting a pinlock. Once sorted and the lid sealed properly, no problems