Wots it worth i ask you?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If i had that commute id get a big trail bike , like a ktm 690 plus u get to do some off roading in your free time.
Lol... I c ur point but that's not my bag baby lol...
The Fazer 8 has only done 4700 miles and has all the mods on it already that I would do...
At the end of the day it's not gonna cost me a single penny coz it is gonna be a straight swap...

MadGelo

Reaction score
Isnt it better just to use a car for shitty rainy and cold days and keep the 09 for the summer and fun

Twozup

Reaction score
Gi' yerself a slap ya big poof and man up or go buy a Harley Gaylord wi a fairing that looks like bender off of Futurama!!

In all seriousness Trips I get you mate I'm shitting sick of it too but I wouldn't blame the bike it's the mindset- winter in UK just totally w4nks no matter what the bike.
I'd go BMW/Triumph adventure if I wanted an all year round commuter biased towards winter riding matey.

Can I have a few weeks in Lanzarote for Christmas this year please.

Last edited:

flydnb

Reaction score
Im sensing a wind up here as the fz8 isnt that much different than the MT just get a good rear hugger richie .

flipper

Reaction score
Having test ridden an FZ8 I know I'd rather ride a scooter. They're crap. Utter utter shite, Slow, thin soft seat, bouncier suspension than even a stock MT09, heavy, gutless and horrible. Twas only a stopgap til the MT09 and 07 came out.

You should be burnt at the stake for even thinking about suggesting it.

stevecbr

Reaction score
Having test ridden an FZ8 I know I'd rather ride a scooter. They're crap. Utter utter shite, Slow, thin soft seat, bouncier suspension than even a stock MT09, heavy, gutless and horrible. Twas only a stopgap til the MT09 and 07 came out.

You should be burnt at the stake for even thinking about suggesting it.
Have to agree with flipper, the FZ8's are horrible! have just bought a scooter for winter riding, a Honda PCX. Cheap, reliable, does 130mpg, lots of underseat storage and a topbox fitted, extended givi screen, and the kids can come on the back, sensible winter bike (only downside is its a scooter!)

Twozup

Reaction score
Cnut! It's shitting it down up here. Think East Coast getting break from rain but everywhere else been cold wet and miserable for about a fortnight and no sign of it getting any better till June. Hope it's not like last year where it rained constantly every day more or less for three months!!

fizzy

Reaction score
Lol....No mate...FZ8 Fazer or GSX1250FA...Took the GSX for a smoke and it wasn't too bad... a bit on the heavy side for what I want it for tho
Rich if you want a fz8 dc has got one I think it's done 700 miles not been stunted judst parked up at the shows for the punters to look at if
you are interested give me a bell he wants to sell it and it will be cheap, ,, it's like new

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rich if you want a fz8 dc has got one I think it's done 700 miles not been stunted judst parked up at the shows for the punters to look at if
you are interested give me a bell he wants to sell it and it will be cheap, ,, it's like new
Too late Keith!!! [emoji22][emoji33][emoji20]. Already done the deal now. Picking it up Tuesday. Tbh tho, it's a 60 reg with 4700 miles on it. Quite a bit of nice aftermarket bits, a really nice scorpion zorst and its in my favourite colour lol.
I got it from my mates dealership so will be getting a fresh new MOT on her, 6000 mile service for free when the time comes and best of all....! It hasn't cost me a single penny...
We looked in the little black book and my MT is only worth £4500 with almost 8000 miles on her. The FZ was £6200 with £700 off so £5500. As its me and I have bought EVERY bike from there...we did a complete straight swap for it. I'm very happy with the deal and it really is more of a practical bike for me as I commute more than I play this time of year.
Was thinking of just getting a winter hack but when I saw the FZ I thought "oh I like that" lol.

I spoke to Simon briefly last night and there's magic that he can work on it lol.

Thanks for the offer tho. Mucho Gratis

flydnb

Reaction score
how is a 4 yr old fz8 worth more than a year old MT, is it because when they came out they were overpriced as yammy were in silly price mode still then , a good example is my old wr250r was £6495 new on an 11 plate that's why I bought a 300 miler for 3500 , yammys prices were ridiculous for a time.

Last edited:

Twozup

Reaction score
He gonna regret that move. Attention span of a goldfish that one!

Twozup

Reaction score
Haha we all know exactly what you're like!! It'll be traded in for something else nxt week!!!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Haha we all know exactly what you're like!! It'll be traded in for something else nxt week!!!

Lol. Of course..! Variety is the spice of life as they say.