WOW Canadian 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 Buyers MSRP Hiked Up by $1000 dollars !?!?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
fz-09canada.jpg

According to the Canadian Yamaha website, the 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 is listed at $8,999.00 with a giant asterisk next to it leading you to the fine print at the bottom that states, "* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing."

US Pricing Below
2014_fz-09_small_new.jpg
FZ-09

MSRP $7,990*

We get the shaft in Canada. Our dollar has been within a few cents of the USD on one side it the other for more than 5 years and we still pay significantly more that United States MSRP on most products. I guess other parts of the world get it even worse, but it's still annoying as all hell.

We could buy in the US. But after taxes, duties ect... It would probably be the same price.

We could buy in the US. But after taxes, duties ect... It would probably be the same price.

Confirmed. I looked into getting my FZ8 in the US but after the red tape importing and the import fees, this tariff and that tax, and paying for a safety inspection & blah blah blah the most I stood to save was $500 but I live a good 6 hr from the nearest dealer in Buffalo Ny, so I'd have to consider one night in hotel and fuel for a buddy's pickup to pick it up.... The savings quickly dissolve. I believe it's set up that way to discourage the whole importing thing.

Avro
2011 Yamaha FZ8
2009 Kawasaki ER-6n (SOLD)

Try CAD 24341,- as in here in Norway. Announced price from Yamaha, including taxes, but not delivery preparation....

View attachment 50

According to the Canadian Yamaha website, the 2014 Yamaha FZ-09 is listed at $8,999.00 with a giant asterisk next to it leading you to the fine print at the bottom that states, "* MSRP does not include freight, PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), pre-rigging (boats), or taxes. Dealer may sell for less. See your local dealer for out the door pricing."

US Pricing Below
View attachment 51
FZ-09

MSRP $7,990*

in the UK it'll be GBP £6,799 (GBP £7,199 with ABS) = USD $10,795 or $11,430 with ABS

plus OTR (on the road) charges whatever they are :confused:

Back