Wow what a bike!

Reaction score
Just returned from a euro jaunt.
Had the first service done at around 540 miles and loaded the bike into the van and drove down to Cochem in the Mosel valley.

Did three in a row of just sub 200 miles days of quite frankly hooning around :)

To say I enjoyed myself is an under statement.

A mix of roads from bad to sublime and the MT-09 soaked it all up.

The bike was far better to use than an R1 and was neck and neck with an MV Augusta Brutale.

My Street Rallye seat was perfect, no aches or pains in any part of my aging body. In fact the only complaint I got was blisters on the palm of my throttle hand !

Still a slight issue is the throttle through the towns but hopefully the G2 throttle tube will help when I try that.

Found the on/off nature of the injection a help in a lot of corners, you can effectively steer the bike by altering the throttle position, especially in long fast sweeping bends.

Being so light it was an absolute joy to throw around the twisties.

One thing I noticed that under heavy braking, the front does seem to squirm about a bit, maybe someone better than me could tell me what to try to help with this?

All in all the MT is a fantastic bike for pleasure riding, can't comment on touring with luggage as that's not my bag (boom-boom) and it is the most economical of the three bikes by some margin.

The vast majority of bikes I saw were upright style bikes, sports bikes were definitely in the minority in the area of Germany I was in. As far as I'm concerned the MT is a sports bike!

Reaction score
Excellent news! As for the front squirming, I know many of us have firmed up the front preload until only 1 ring showing, makes it handle much better, it may stop your front from squirming (to be honest I havent noticed it on mine)
As for MPG, today I used a tank biddying about, sticking to the speed limits. My average consumption is showing 64mpg. Admittedly the weather was bad today, and like I said I stuck to the speed limits, but 64mpg is fantastic!

Reaction score
Had another think on this and wondered if it was bottoming out. Will clip a cable tie on the fork tube and see. The preload will have to be increased if it is but it felt a bit harsh with one ring showing so I backed it off to two rings.

T

THAIGATE14

im on 2 rings and theres just a 4mm band of dirty fork leg slider showing after a jaunty ride with dorris on the back so id say its close to bottoming out even under light thrashing. and 17.3km per litre.... hmmmmmmm,

Reaction score
Get some Braided hose cables for your brakes....much more effective!

Reaction score
I've still got a brand new set of HELL braided lines I need to get rid of lol

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm