Yet another seat thread

Tafy94

Reaction score
I have a trip to Ireland coming up in a few weeks, and the thought of hours being spent on the torture device Yam fitted instead of a seat is a bit daunting. From what I've read there's not much in the way of options, the comfort seat sounds like a waste of cash, I don't want to send it off to get it re-padded as I use the bike for a daily commute and 3rd party seats seem thin on the ground... Unless of course other MT-09 seats will fit, such as the street tracker, or one of the other comfort seats such as the Shad for example.

I'm sure someone here will know if other MT seats will fit? Or if there's another alternative, apart from gel cyclists shorts, which I'm considering.

Cheers

mike

Reaction score
Get yourself a sheepskin although not the best looking thing it works wonders and as I found after a 2k trip.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
I use an Airhawk for long distance rides, they are not cheap but are very comfortable. It does make me feel slightly remote from the bike, I only use it on boring long stretches of motorway, dual carriageway etc. This is when you have more time to think about how uncomfortable you are. I take it off for twisty sections.
Cheers
Alan

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
Saddle Craft in South Shields, got my gel insert done by them, works a treat. my only gripe is I didn't get it put all the way to the front to cushion my balls :)

Stripy

Reaction score
If you want the street rally seat, go for it.
Buy it in Europe for £95+shipping and get the seat you want :)

jobby

Reaction score
i had my fazer done by tony archer and the difference was amazing, he will be getting the tracer seat aswell

Maris otter

Reaction score
I took my seat down to the local upholsterer, had a chat about what I wanted, took him a couple of hours, looks fine and makes a massive difference to comfortable riding - no nut crushing against the tank. :)