Carbon Fibre - Extended Front Mudguard and Extended Rear Hugger

Bel

Reaction score
Cool. I'm going to speak to my fabricator and ask for a quote for the work. He did the Street Triple's one and that looks amazing.

lee1980

Reaction score
Well Lee, I'm desperate to try and find some MT-09 owner local to me that's willing to help. I tried to contact the forum members close to me but haven't heard anything back from them. If it fails I'll be in touch, are you alright with spannering?

New MT-09/FZ-09 sprocket cover metal mould is ready for it's 1st test. Hopefully 1st pull will arrive shortly for a test.

If you have a MT-09 and in the area north England/Scotland and willing to help with test fitting please get in touch.

If you would like to keep a eye on what I'm up to then come Like the FB page

https://www.facebook.com/motorcyclecarbonfiber
Yeah im ok with the spanners lol! will try out parts for you.

Bel

Reaction score
Thank you Sir. I'll let you know how it goes and take you up on that offer if I can't get someone local.

fizzy

Reaction score
I think the OEM looks good but could be inch or two longer, I don't mind getting the underside of the bike covered in muck, but having it spray up my back is a PITA.
The kick at the end of the R&G just looks wrong, and the whole thing has a look of bulk about it, too much function over form for me.
If I was into that I'd have a Honda VFR and be done with it.
Totally agree with you mate, , looks a bit like a jelly mould

Bel

Reaction score
Spoke to the factory today and they have decided to start on extending the hugger on their own. I'm waiting on more photos but we might end up with 2 versions. Mine and the factories. I'm hoping they realise the hugger extension needs to flow with the current shape. I should have a idea this week what I can do with the extension of the hugger and fender. I am also waiting to hear if they want me to ship the fender extender straight to them to fit it and made the fender flow seamlessly into a longer one. I'm a bit finicky, I want to see things before signing off on a mould (if I don't pay for it, it's a different story I guess). I'll update you guys again when I have more.

Other parts that has been moulded and I'm going to need to test fit are below. I still need some help with this, anyone within 2 hours from Edinburgh willing to help? I have 2 great forum member willing to help -1 in Inverness (3 hours away form me) and a local one from July onwards.

New parts:
- Front tank cover
- Exhaust cover
- clutch cover, not the guard the actually clutch engine casing cover (waiting to see how that comes out)
sprocket cover
- chain guard
- fender

Also MT-07 parts:
- side panels
- exhaust cover
- hugger with chainguard
- heel guards

I already have:
- seat panels
- rear panels (seat/tail)
- hugger
- fender
- clutch guard
- air intake surround
- tank lower

The list is growing at a good rate. I think we need to sort some sort of seat cowl you guys like and would prefer. The only issue I found is the brackets go under the seat and if the carbon has bend past 90' then it a metal and expensive mould.

Last edited:

Bel

Reaction score
The fender and hugger extension has arrived. I need to go visit the fabricator but tomorrow I'm out for a ride, after that I have to go test fit the Street Triple extended hugger to resolve the 1 bracket issue I have. I don't think the extensions is a big job. He would have to attach the parts, then fill in the gaps and smooth the edges to make it looks as if the parts suit each other and the lines flow rather than being stuck on. I'll give a update when I have more.

The factory has gone ahead with the MT-07/FZ-07 parts and also added more MT-09/FZ-09 parts. Still not everything I want but getting there to almost cover the whole bike.

What going on so far but still more to do:

Bel

Reaction score
Some news on the MT-09/FZ-09 extended hugger and extended fender.

Fabricator has the parts and after a chat about what needs doing, he might have it done by next Friday. I'll update you then and hopefully have some photos to add. Once I get it I need to confirm fitment on a bike before I can send it off for moulding. Hopefully I can find someone close to me that can help out or I will post it out the nice forum members that are willing to help a hand.

Jess Wright

Reaction score
Nice forum members ,be ready to get swamped carbon yes sir .
Some news on the MT-09/FZ-09 extended hugger and extended fender.

Fabricator has the parts and after a chat about what needs doing, he might have it done by next Friday. I'll update you then and hopefully have some photos to add. Once I get it I need to confirm fitment on a bike before I can send it off for moulding. Hopefully I can find someone close to me that can help out or I will post it out the nice forum members that are willing to help a hand.

Bel

Reaction score
You guys just keep letting me know where I can help out and I'll do my best to do the job.

I love a community where everyone helps each other out. Unfortunately I don't have a MT09 and dependant on support from the community. So far is looking good and I'll speak to Edinburgh Yamaha of need be if they could help out but prefer to work with owners.

M

MT account

so no ones making carbon fibre huggers or extenders eh? i must be more invisible than i thought......449.jpg445.jpg
those were the prototypes for anyone who wants to pick fault with them....

Last edited by a moderator:

Bel

Reaction score
Not nobody. I'm busy doing it as well but nice to see you're doing it as well. The more the better to cater for the folks.

I have other new parts in yesterday from the factory. Will post uo later some photos.

Waiting the fabricator finishing off my fender and hugger.

Last edited:

Bel

Reaction score
Here's some photos as promised of the new bits that arrived. Sorry it's going to be so large ones.

I spoke to my fabricator yesterday and he's had the fender and hugger for 2 weeks. He hopes to get it done for this coming Friday. I know he's swamped with work, fingers crossed he gets the time to complete the extended hugger and extended fender.

Let me know what you think.

Bel

Reaction score
Looks good quality :cool:
Thank you Sir. I hope to be able to cover the whole bike (and MT07) for the community plus a few modified parts you guys ask for. I am working on 2 you know of and I have another 1 in the pipeline. Hopefully more to come as people let me know what they would like.

Also looking at fibreglass for the non-carbon loving folks but that's another story as it does has issues that needs overcoming.

fizzy

Reaction score
Thank you Sir. I hope to be able to cover the whole bike (and MT07) for the community plus a few modified parts you guys ask for. I am working on 2 you know of and I have another 1 in the pipeline. Hopefully more to come as people let me know what they would like.

Also looking at fibreglass for the non-carbon loving folks but that's another story as it does has issues that needs overcoming.
Keep us posted when you go into full production

Bel

Reaction score
Will do Sir.

I'm waiting on more parts to arrive very soon and then will sort something out for the ones that needs testing. If anyone wants any of the parts I post up let me know. If you are willing to help with feedback and a few photos I'll do you a deal. Everything has money back gaurentee. For test/1st product out of the mould I also refund postage if the part needs to be changed before next run.

Basically I'll do as much as I can to support the community. Hopefully I'll get some help and feedback from the community as well.

Last edited:

Coopie

Reaction score
Well done ......... that's some good looking quality carbon parts you have there . I'm loving all of it :eek: