No Helmet lock right?

s0n1c87

Reaction score
LOL. looks like your country have a lot of nasty ppl ard or just that your helmet is too exp to leave it there. I generally use a cheap half face helmet and I have leave my helmet on my bike for years and not having any issue. I normally carry a lot of stuffs ard and don't wish to add anymore weight to myself.

Twozup

Reaction score
S0n1c87 just seen that you are from Singapore? I'd imagine things are a lot different there regarding leaving helmets outside on bike- that it's normal. Here in UK it's a bit different as you've probably noticed! And the horrible wet weather plays a big part in it for me never leaving helmet behind

And yes mostly our helmets are expensive unfortunately :-(

Click [HERE] then {HERE}

s0n1c87

Reaction score
S0n1c87 just seen that you are from Singapore? I'd imagine things are a lot different there regarding leaving helmets outside on bike- that it's normal. Here in UK it's a bit different as you've probably noticed! And the horrible wet weather plays a big part in it for me never leaving helmet behind

Click [HERE] then {HERE}
And yes mostly our helmets are expensive unfortunately :-(

Hahah. Yes man. I'm from Singapore, leaving helmet on the bike is quite a common thing here. Those guys with full face helmet wuld sometimes use a chain pad lock to lock it up. For me it's just a cheap helmet and I don't like carry the weight ard. SG is just that small, worse case if stolen, either dropby a shop to get another one or just go hm take spare. :)

But I'm definitely gonna think of a way to lock my helmet on my mt09 like how I did it for my fz6. Using stainless steel wires.

jezthomas

Reaction score
There's a luggage strap holder on each passenger footrest, but that's about all I can see. In Oz we tend to use them a fair bit as it doesn't rain much and people don't tend to nick stuff as much as in Britain (I'm a Brit ex-pat). People here often leave their jackets on the bike too, so you can stroll around in the sunshine. I think the answer for me is to get one of those combination carabiner things, plus one of those long, spiral cable things for the jacket, and lock up on the handlebars. Bit of an arse but there you go. I'm new to biking, so don't know the technical terms.
Here's a newbie question for you: I've seen bikes riding along with a spare helmet fixed to the side of the bike, totally rock solid. What gadget allows that; some kind of carabiner with a tightening strap of some variety?
Another option could be to remove the seat strap bolt and change for a stud kind of affair, if it fits, so you could put the helmet strap rings under the seat and ensure the stud goes into the rings as you push the seat back down into a locked position?
Thoughts?

donut

Reaction score