quick question: carbon akra with stock fuelling?

relz

Reaction score
This forum is a bad influence on me.
I've been spending way too much money on this bike, just finished installing the Hyperpro shocks and the Seat Concepts seat.... so I really shouldn't be spending any more money for a while
BUT my wife just happens to be in Canada for this week, and the prices in North America are much cheaper than anything I can get here, so I'm actually saving money by buying it over there. :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of buying one of those Carbon Akra pipes, for around 750$ (including shipping). I've got to make up my mind fast and buy it today, if I want it to arrive by the weekend.

Unfortunately there's no where near my neck of the woods (more like my neck of the desert), that I can get my ECU flashed with a custom map. Hey, I can't even get Yamah to flash the official flash here.

So, I just want to re-confirm that this akra racing line pipe will work well with my stock ECU and fuelling.
I'm sure this has been addressed in other threads, and I saw a mentioning regarding the Titanium pipe, just want to double check regarding this pipe, seeing that I'm on a tight schedule.

Does anyone have experience with a full carbon Akra system, with stock ECU?
Should I expect it to perform better/worse/the same as the stock exhaust, if I don't touch the ECU?
Obviously if it doesn't perform better than the stock, it's a big waste of money for me (I personaly value performance a bit higher than sound....)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I will settle this one quickly for u. I have the carbon Akrapovič on at the moment and we ran it with the stock ECU and fuelling before we started experimenting with flashes and it ran perfect. If anything it ran better than the stock pipe. Go get one quick lol. U won't be disappointed

relz

Reaction score
I will settle this one quickly for u. I have the carbon Akrapovič on at the moment and we ran it with the stock ECU and fuelling before we started experimenting with flashes and it ran perfect. If anything it ran better than the stock pipe. Go get one quick lol. U won't be disappointed
Cheers!

(blah blah blah... trying to fill in the minimum 10 character requirement)

Paul Longmire

Reaction score
Relz Have to let us know how it goes with ordering from North America and if you get stung for import tax, as well as the company web address

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Relz Have to let us know how it goes with ordering from North America and if you get stung for import tax, as well as the company web address

I got mine from Texas... took 3 days to get to the UK and onto my bike lol

Paul Longmire

Reaction score
Take it TT u didn't get stung for import tax then ?

Slappyhead

Reaction score
out of interest TT did you change the fuelling to 14 on each cylinder with the carbon before you flashed it?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
out of interest TT did you change the fuelling to 14 on each cylinder with the carbon before you flashed it?
My bike has been on 14 since I bought it mate. It's been like that for every exhaust (all 4 of them lol)! I've put on it.

I don't give a shit wot anyone says.... We've done extensive testing on the Dyno and 14 is the best and optimum setting for this engine regardless of whether it "feels" better on other settings, the dyno doesnt lie remember.

Don't forget that the CO setting is only for the first 2% throttle. After that the ECU/map takes over

relz

Reaction score
Take it TT u didn't get stung for import tax then ?

I won't be buying and shipping to Canada, after all.
I found a shop in Italy that sells it for approx. 760$ shipped, to Israel (praying to evade the taxes).

I think I'll buy from them, and save my wife the hassle of carrying it in her suitcase.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I can go knock on their door.... Their only about 10 miles from me.... 6 Weeks, job for Xmas day then!!

TIM80

Reaction score
Last edited:

l34chy

Reaction score
I obtained my carbon zorst from Italy on flea bay . I am sure they did not have stock on hand as it took near on fifty days to get to AUS. ( Perhaps it was sent by row boat !! ) . I am thankful it did finally arrive and what a sweet loud exhaust it is . The cost was about 500 quid delivered.
sorry to hear mine was about a week but worth the wait i'm sure ;)

relz

Reaction score
We'll my zorst still hasn't arrived, from Italy. Actually as far as I can tell it hasn't even been shipped yet, apparently there was a delay with the shipment from the US....
Which turns out to be a good thing

I just found out last week, that due to the Racing Line being illegal in this country (no E certification), they won't even let it into the country!
Apparently when vehicle parts get stalled by customs, they bring over a rep from the Ministry of Transportation to approve it. And they won't approve an exhaust that isn't street legal.

I sent the Italians three email asking them to cancel it, but there has been no reply yet, I guess they don't check their emails too often. Tomorrow morning I think I'll give them a call, and hope their English is good enough to understand me.

I know of two Israelis who have the Carbon exhaust, they found a way to smuggle them in under the radar. Lucky for me, one of them is selling his MT tomorrow, and offered me to buy the exhaust :)