quick question: carbon akra with stock fuelling?

boro

Reaction score
Well thanks guys......After much reading on this forum I've splashed out on the Akra Carbon from USA (via fleabay), so hopefully pre Christmas delivery (fedex all the way).
Went against Italy as quite a few people have had problems with delivery so a few bucks extra from the USA was the way I went.
Downside is waiting for customs and how much they will sting me for and the extra delay in delivery they will add.

relz

Reaction score
We'll my zorst still hasn't arrived, from Italy. Actually as far as I can tell it hasn't even been shipped yet, apparently there was a delay with the shipment from the US....
Which turns out to be a good thing

I just found out last week, that due to the Racing Line being illegal in this country (no E certification), they won't even let it into the country!
Apparently when vehicle parts get stalled by customs, they bring over a rep from the Ministry of Transportation to approve it. And they won't approve an exhaust that isn't street legal.

I sent the Italians three email asking them to cancel it, but there has been no reply yet, I guess they don't check their emails too often. Tomorrow morning I think I'll give them a call, and hope their English is good enough to understand me.

I know of two Israelis who have the Carbon exhaust, they found a way to smuggle them in under the radar. Lucky for me, one of them is selling his MT tomorrow, and offered me to buy the exhaust :)
My deal with the guy selling his MT fell through, the buyer decided to hang on to the Akra. :(

Anyway, I guess it's all for the best. I've been wasting way too much money recently on the bike and riding equipment, so I think I'll hold back with the exhaust for a few months.
It's not as if the bike feels underpowered without it :cool:

relz

Reaction score
I will settle this one quickly for u. I have the carbon Akrapovič on at the moment and we ran it with the stock ECU and fuelling before we started experimenting with flashes and it ran perfect. If anything it ran better than the stock pipe. Go get one quick lol. U won't be disappointed
Now that ive been riding around with I for for a week or so, I can revive this old thread.
The pipe is loads of fun, mainly due to the great sound on acceleration. Makes the bike feel lighter and quicker, IMO, just because it sounds so great. It makes twisting the throttle a little bit more enjoyable than before.

It also pops like crazy on decel, and backfires with a cool blue flame [emoji2].
Although it adds a bit to the hooliganism, but doesn't that indicate a fuelling problem?
Is that what other people experience too, or is it just my bike?

boro

Reaction score
Now that ive been riding around with I for for a week or so, I can revive this old thread.
The pipe is loads of fun, mainly due to the great sound on acceleration. Makes the bike feel lighter and quicker, IMO, just because it sounds so great. It makes twisting the throttle a little bit more enjoyable than before.

It also pops like crazy on decel, and backfires with a cool blue flame [emoji2].
Although it adds a bit to the hooliganism, but doesn't that indicate a fuelling problem?
Is that what other people experience too, or is it just my bike?

No they all do that, it's just air injected into the exhaust to ensure all the nasty petrol gets burnt.
Usually you don't notice because it happens inside the OEM exhaust, but with the free flowing Akra its still burning it off as it comes out.
I still find myself grinning like a Cheshire cat sometimes especially in tunnels or against high walls.
Just enjoy