Rear axle nut size?

stunva

Reaction score
I want to know who's idea it was to have that floating bush thing in the middle of the rear wheat, what a pain in the arse.

relz

Reaction score
I want to know who's idea it was to have that floating bush thing in the middle of the rear wheat, what a pain in the arse.
+1
I fixed a puncture last week. Wheel removal was a breeze, 10 minutes tops, but reassembly was a RPITA!
I was sweating over that thing for almost an hour....
Have to hold the wheel raised off the ground with one hand, and insert the axle, while jiggling it and keeping all the parts aligned, with the other.

I think I need to prepare me a tapered pseudo axle to insert from the opposite end, to get it all aligned before inserting the real axle.

Kinjane

Reaction score
I place some wood under the front wheel, enough just to get the rear sitting down on the ground.
The axle then easily slides in and out and I can just roll the wheel out without any fuss or struggle.

stunva

Reaction score
I ended up using a T bar socket from the RH side to line it up as best I could and a rubber mallet on the other end done the rest......between knocking off the caliper bracket, knocking one of the bushes out, realigning the bush thing.
Took less time to put the new rubber on by hand than it did to put the wheel back on.

relz

Reaction score
I ended up using a T bar socket from the RH side to line it up as best I could and a rubber mallet on the other end done the rest......between knocking off the caliper bracket, knocking one of the bushes out, realigning the bush thing.
Took less time to put the new rubber on by hand than it did to put the wheel back on.
I did the same, but the socket wrench handle that I used is narrower than the axle, so the bushings could still move around a bit.
If I can be bothered, I think I'll make a wooden dowel which is the same circumference as the axle, only with a tapered edge. Then if I insert that from the right hand side, it should push all the bushings into place and hold them there, while I'm pushing the axle in from the left hand side.