tyres

jay86jay

Reaction score
hi all.only been riding 12 months and i have had two sets of the standard battleaxe now and to be fair i have had no problems at all with them.( apart from a bit of squaring but im getting there:p)
been looking at rosso 2's for my next set. anyone rate them or have any other suggestions. i am only getting about 3500 mile to the bridgestones so i dont want to drop any more mileage really

jay86jay

Reaction score
Yeah I have looked at similar sport touring thinking about milage and wet riding but the reason I was looking at the rossos was people have said they have had no trouble wet riding with them and obviously dry handled really well. Pr4 and angels have come up a lot

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread, but still on topic, kind of, is there a decent, quality road tyre that I could use for a 3 day track session? I really don't want to buy a set of slicks and wet tyres for just 3 days use

bobh

Reaction score
Metzeler Sportec M7RRs last well for a sporty tyre, and are allegedly good in the wet, though I've never done a wet trackday on them.

Metzeler are Pirellis by another name, btw.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread, but still on topic, kind of, is there a decent, quality road tyre that I could use for a 3 day track session? I really don't want to buy a set of slicks and wet tyres for just 3 days use
metzeler sportec M3's are perfect... they're about £130-£150 a set and warm up super quick so are awesome in the wet as well as the dry...
I had 3 sets on the fazer before the accident...

jay86jay

Reaction score
yeah i have looked at them too. mate of mine has the and loves them. mileage may suffer thou . why cant the just make a sports with the durability of a tourer lol. but hey i haven't been riding long enough to of experienced many so just got to bite the bullet and try some.

bobh

Reaction score
metzeler sportec M3's are perfect... they're about £130-£150 a set and warm up super quick so are awesome in the wet as well as the dry...
I had 3 sets on the fazer before the accident...
My daughter had M3's on her SV650 and I have to say I wasn't too happy with them when I rode it in the wet at Castle Combe a couple of years ago. Maybe they don't warm up so well on a lighter bike? Or maybe CC is just slippery when wet? :confused:

Steely

Reaction score
Michelin's UK site always directs me to the Power SuperSport Evo as the only recommended fitment for the MT09 ABS.

No problems with the stock Dunlops, but, the way it's wearing, I'd be surprised if I get 3,000 miles out of the rear. I will more than likely go with the PR4s next, as recommended by many here plus a mate with a Tiger Sport, who raves about them.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I did 3 rear's to one front and was lucky if I got 2000 miles out of my PR's but... They were absolutely fantastic

Locksmith

Reaction score
Just put a new front on mine at 4200 miles :eek:
The 2nd rear isnt even half way yet :lol

Went for bridgestone again, at £72 fitted to the wheel I thought that was quiet good :)

Steely

Reaction score
I've ordered a pair of PR4's - £200 from Oponeo, who I've been buying my tyres from for a few years. Free delivery in 2-3 working days. Still the cheapest I can find.