MT 09 vs Honda CB 1000 RA

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Personally I think Honda have really dropped the ball on the styling front at the moment. I can honestly say I don't like any bike in their entire range. But id suggest you ride both. completely different bikes in my opinion. The Honda is a muscle/naked and weighs in 30 kgs heavier than the MT. The MT is a light weight hybrid between a supermoto and a naked bike. That said, you are asking on an MT owners forum, so there is bound to be a bias response :)

KatanaAl

Reaction score
I traded a CB1000R tricolour in for my MT09 and have never regretted it, the Yamaha is just so much more fun to ride than the Honda, the power is instant and much more accessible. But looks wise I thought the Honda was a stunner in this colour scheme.

Make you own mind up.

Credry

Reaction score
That is very purrrdy!
I traded a CB1000R tricolour in for my MT09 and have never regretted it, the Yamaha is just so much more fun to ride than the Honda, the power is instant and much more accessible. But looks wise I thought the Honda was a stunner in this colour scheme.

Make you own mind up.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
That is a pretty bike, I don't like the blue radiator side trims though, they look like they came from a different bike (the blue doesn't flow with the other colours).

marcusfordus

Reaction score
It's a Honda
It'll rarely go wrong
It will have cost you too much
It will be over-engineered
It will use at least 10% more fuel than an equivalent make
and you will get bored of it.

Honda, never the life and soul at a party

M

MT account

wtf is going on with that back wheel? looks like it was left in front the gas fire while youre were reading the paper........sorry, im not feeling any love for the hondas since the CBX era

MadGelo

Reaction score
if i had to choose from looks alone, id go Honda for sure, im more interested in power, reliability, suspension, throttle response, rust? :)

Last edited:

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Im sure you must have read by now the suspension and throttle response are 'issues' with the MT-09. So the honda would surely tick all your boxes including reliability and rust?

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Nah, still think the CB1000R looks fantastic, if you notice the red is flowing into the blue on the petrol tank, and I personally do like the wheels.
I would still buy the MT09 over the Honda anytime but still think my Race Blu looks a bit of a plain Jane in comparison.

My Toy

Reaction score
Sorry I don't like it and I'm a big Honda fan having owned several over the years. None of the lines flow and that blue rad shield looks like it's come from another bike completely. It looks slightly better than the latest Kawasaki Z1000 though which looks like it's been crashed and rebuilt by Stevie Wonder:rolleyes:

Twozup

Reaction score
I like my Hondas but I can't get my head around how much fun this bloody triple engine is on my MT. Rode it home the 50odd mile commute from work laughing like a loon in my helmet. Light. Nimble. Bonkers. Tough choice buddy good luck choosing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

MT account

each to their own n all that but those wheels simply suggest to me that my sister in law has sat on the bike..........arsemungous.jpg

M

MT account

as my mate from chorley always says........."by 'eck lass, ai bet you can store some shit in there"..........

flydnb

Reaction score
[video=youtube;o0y_A5_c5EM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0y_A5_c5EM[/video] now that's an ass