24000 mile service ?

flydnb

Reaction score
just out of interest not that many of us will still have the bikes with 24k on them how much would a valve check service cost on the mt 09 any ideas ?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
just out of interest not that many of us will still have the bikes with 24k on them how much would a valve check service cost on the mt 09 any ideas ?
Ok. Spoke to my service manager today and here are the scores on the door miss Ford lol.

6000 mile service.....£135+vat

12000 mile service £180+vat

24000 mile service (including valve clearance check) £280+vat

You can get a 10% discount if you mention my name (real name)! Lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
cheers triple I will compare to my dealers.
No probs. That was straight off the Yamaha system which recommends how long it shud take for each service. And then obviously that's converted into an hourly rate and consumables.
Interestingly enuf, Yamaha don't recommend an oil filter change on the 6000 mile service, wud u want the oil changed but not the filter??? I don't think so...!
Points to note also. My service manager said that if it is supposed to take say... 4 hours to do the service but it's ALL done in 3 then he will only charge 3 hours labour. Not many places do that now I can tell u.

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Facebook:-
www.facebook.com/spudrees

stevecbr

Reaction score
Had mine done yesterday, it has done 25200 miles. Cost was £400, 3 shims were replaced.Apparently took 6 hours. Didnt need plugs or air filter, as were done last time