*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don´t want to go through all 74 pages again,so I am hoping someone here knows how many horses you´ll gain by flashing with stock zorst?
Not as many as with an aftermarket one I'm afraid. The flash isn't really about more BHP....
It's about unlocking the goodies Yamaha didn't want us to have

Treble

Reaction score
I am betting bhp is the biggest thing for most people though.
I ride like the beginner I am,so it is not important to me,but I am a curious bastard.
If I do get it flashed,and then change the zorst later on,it will have to be flashed again?
At least to get the most out of it,if nothing else.

Winter is getting closer,so I need to ask questions so I know what to do with my bike while waiting for next riding season:D

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you get it flashed now and then put a decent zorst on at a later date it will not need re flashing.

fizzy

Reaction score
Another mt flashed up north and another satisfied owner thanks TT and Simon :cool:

fizzy

Reaction score
Lol. It's only gonna get better bud. How was mr coats surprise birthday bash??
Very good Rich, lots of the old crew turned up plenty of beer and bike talk, hope all is well with you mate ,seen the pictures of the new dyno set up very impressive
Can't wait to see what you and Simon come up with for the mts when it's up and running :cool:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very good Rich, lots of the old crew turned up plenty of beer and bike talk, hope all is well with you mate ,seen the pictures of the new dyno set up very impressive
Can't wait to see what you and Simon come up with for the mts when it's up and running :cool:
Sounds like it was a great laugh. Dyno is almost done but there's shit loads of R&D work to be done lol

Nickic01

Reaction score
ecu

had my ecu back a few days ago .. had a quick ride out this morning ... totally different machine, will post a full report when I get chance .. upto now .. top stuff!!!

Nickic01

Reaction score
ecu

been out for a good ride on A roads and dual carriageways ... there is a big difference since the ecu flash, also fitted the 02 thingy and a K&N filter ... I think the three things all work well together!
no more snatchy throttle or surges ... just smooth all the way through, this is how the bike should have been set up in the first place .. shame on you Yamaha!
I was ok riding it as it was, I sort of got used to it, I just didn't want my wife to be concentrating on the throttle instead of life savers, if or when she passes her test!
nuff said about that.. this has made me just want to go and ride whenever I can, this is a fun bike, made even more fun by this mod...
my advice ... get it done!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
been out for a good ride on A roads and dual carriageways ... there is a big difference since the ecu flash, also fitted the 02 thingy and a K&N filter ... I think the three things all work well together!
no more snatchy throttle or surges ... just smooth all the way through, this is how the bike should have been set up in the first place .. shame on you Yamaha!
I was ok riding it as it was, I sort of got used to it, I just didn't want my wife to be concentrating on the throttle instead of life savers, if or when she passes her test!
nuff said about that.. this has made me just want to go and ride whenever I can, this is a fun bike, made even more fun by this mod...
my advice ... get it done!
Thanks for the review Nick. So glad you are happy with the results.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes that is 176mph. That's just our flash, a K&N and a quick shifter at the moment.
Got loads more R&D to do over the next few months as well.