*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Well! I did it, got mine done today, what a huge difference, should have done it ages ago.. Simon is a top bloke, ended up having the same maps as his MT, it has made a real difference, and i sodding luv it...

If your thinking of getting it done, do it! You wont regret it..

Well done to Simon and Richie for their hard work in getting this perfect..

Colin Briffett

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback mto9 smurf just what I wanted to hear lol! Am deco getting it done soon!?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Obviously riding the bike for more than a few seconds on the rev limit is not good for the engine and we don't advise it. We did this video to show that without the limiters it is possible to do it on the dyno in a controlled environment. It would be very hard to achieve in the real world because of factors like wind drag and road conditions etc.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Obviously riding the bike for more than a few seconds on the rev limit is not good for the engine and we don't advise it. We did this video to show that without the limiters it is possible to do it on the dyno in a controlled environment. It would be very hard to achieve in the real world because of factors like wind drag and road conditions etc.
Thanks TT, as i read in comments a real speed about 252km is possible to achieve on the road but the "wind factor" is critical at this high speed.
i've already have send him a e-mail and ask about their prices... i'll keep you informed..
P.S. thanks to you and this Forum i got enough knowledge about reflashes options (like start-up in A-mode, decrease the temp. of fan's engagement etc.)..
cheers !

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
So, today i have a chat with the remap's "dealer".. 1st he suggest me to go for the free Yamaha ECU remap update because -as he said- it's correcting the map and reducing snatchiness at around 6K rpm for 5% (allthough i can't say that i' ve never felt this).. Then, when we talk about the options that i've already know from this thread, he told me that he could also fix the injection porting at 100%, remove the speed limiter in 4th, 5th and 6th gear (i didn't know that there is a limiter in 4th gear..) and some other that i didn't kept on my mind..
He ask's for 200 euros to put a map that is his own creation, he said that he had remaped about 40 mt-09s, and that is a "general map" with all the "goods' we know.
The other option is to create a specific for my bike map on the dynometer. He suggest it as the best option and he asks for 300 euros.
Also, from the start of chat told me that he has to cut the snorkel and open 2 more holes on the airbox.. i expained that cause of my bike has stock pipe and "some more air" from a dna filter i didn't find it nessesary.. but he instists...
At the end he said that if i have on mind to put a free zorst to do it and then to do the remap.. But, for now, i have other needs to cover than an open zorst..
I promise him when i'll been around his neighborhood to pay a visit at his shop to have further info by close.
What is your comment Ritchie ?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's no 4th gear limiter

Pointless putting ANY map on a bike with the stock exhaust

I don't know anything about drilling extra holes in the airbox...

I don't know what this means....

"At the end he said that if i have on mind to put a free zorst to do it and then to do the remap.. But, for now, i have other needs to cover than an open zorst".....

Reaction score
Think he means the fella told him that if he was going to fit a free flowing exhaust as in an aftermarket one then he should fit that before getting it remapped,but at the moment he doesn't have the funds to do it as he has other things he needs to do first.

Reaction score
At least you are here to keep him right, as you know exactly whats involved in flashing/mapping and thats a big help to the average joe public.