2014 Yamaha FZ-09 LCD Instrument Cluster

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A newly designed lightweight, compact, full LCD instrument panel is adopted. The tachometer has a digital bar-type display with gear position indicator. The electric starter button is a new slide-type that incorporates the engine cut-off switch is an integrated button for a modern and high quality appearance.

Yamaha-FZ-09-instruments.jpg

Brock Kickass

Reaction score
I think it's cool that it's offset like that, and it's a nice tidy looking package. All aspects of the design seem to be a big step forward for Yamaha.

Rabbitman109

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States
I like the look of it too, however, I am not sure if I am going to like the digital tach or not. I really like an analog tach. The speedometer I don't really care if it is digital. I like that they put a gear indicator into the cluster. Something that I had to add to my FZ1, but I really think it is a handy tool.

Nelly

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the display but wonder is it a bit on the small side?

Nelly

T

tango

I like the display but wonder is it a bit on the small side?

Nelly
I agree. Looks like the tachometer on the MT-09 LCD would be hard to see in bright light and on the go. I personally prefer digital everything, except for the tach. Nothing seems to beat a the old fashioned analog guages for tachometers

JSP

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the small/minimalist design of it. For a naked bike, smaller/less is better IMO. Analog vs. Digital has never really been a concern of me. Once I learn the power/range of the bike, I go by sound/feel anyways.

Kuncavia

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using this thread for different question...
My speedo have broken bolts (attached photos). The questions is - can I find panel for this speedo? I was saw some panels for speedo of R1 (RN12 & RN22), but can't find for MT(FZ) 09...
The speedo is ok, but can't mount it. The new in Bulgaria is 300 euro, but old still working.
If I buy new speedo, should the key be trained? And what about old kilometers(miles)?

mt09-speed-back.jpg
mt09-speed-front.jpg

Please excuse me for my bad English.

Regards!

bobh

Reaction score
Hi,..
The speedo is ok, but can't mount it.
Regards!

It looks to me as if it would be fairly easy to repair it.

Car repairers can re-weld plastic parts such as fenders, but as the elecronics inside the speedo could be damaged by heat, I'd first have a go at a repair using epoxy resin material.