Adjustable Levers

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Hi All,

Saw this on the American FZ09 forum and thought I would share it.

The brake lever is compatible with: Fits '06~'12 FJR1300, 06~'13 FZ1, '11~'12 FZ8, '04~'09 FZ6, '09~'13 FZ6R, '14 FZ-09

The clutch lever is compatible with: Fits '04~'13 R1, '05~'13 R6, '09~'13 VMAX, '14 FZ-09.

Using this information I've ordered adjustable levers for my MT09, they are however from China although I've had them before for my Honda NC700 and they were decent quality and looked great, they worked fine. Only cost about £21 in total. I went for regular size levers, silver finish with black adjusters, nothing too gaudy. I'll update you when they arrive and I fit them to the bike.

Cheers

Alan

rusty

Reaction score

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Only ordered them last weekend, probably arrive late next week. They do have a long way to come. I will upload a photo and tell you what they are like when they arrive.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
The levers arrived after about a week and half. They seem to be decent quality, look good, are easy to fit and most importantly they work.
Just to recap I bought the brake lever for FZ1 06 - 13 and the clutch lever for an R1 04 - 13.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I changed my levers today also, FZ1 brake and clutch, I went for the longer ones, as I tried the short ones from the FZ1 which fitted fine, now I have long and short that I can change between the two bike.

The one I got are CNC, bought from ebay via a UK supplier who had then in stock, went for the gold adjusters to match the forks, they cost £55 for the pair against £200 for the Yamaha/Gilles ones.

The quality seems as good as the Pazzo levers from the FZ and give a much better more solid feel than the OE ally ones.

brake.jpgclutch.jpg

Cypher

Reaction score
I changed my levers today also, FZ1 brake and clutch, I went for the longer ones, as I tried the short ones from the FZ1 which fitted fine, now I have long and short that I can change between the two bike.

The one I got are CNC, bought from ebay via a UK supplier who had then in stock, went for the gold adjusters to match the forks, they cost £55 for the pair against £200 for the Yamaha/Gilles ones.

The quality seems as good as the Pazzo levers from the FZ and give a much better more solid feel than the OE ally ones.

View attachment 139View attachment 140
Did you get a pair or did you buy them separately? The reason I'm asking is I bought a pair for FZ1 '06-'13 and the hole in the clutch lever is larger than the bolt making it wobble if I fit it. I suspect I'll have to sell it and buy one for R1 '04-'13, like Katana did.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Did you get a pair or did you buy them separately? The reason I'm asking is I bought a pair for FZ1 '06-'13 and the hole in the clutch lever is larger than the bolt making it wobble if I fit it. I suspect I'll have to sell it and buy one for R1 '04-'13, like Katana did.
I bought them separately but from the same e-bay store.
You should be able to push out the bush from the existing clutch lever and use it on your new lever. I had to do this, it popped out with no effort at all.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Al

Cypher

Reaction score
You should be able to push out the bush from the existing clutch lever and use it on your new lever. I had to do this, it popped out with no effort at all.
I tried doing it but the busing seems to be stuck pretty solidly. I'll be probably going to a mechanic on Saturday, he must have the tools to do it.
I found this thread where a guy has the exact same issue and he pushed it out too but with the help of a vise and sockets: Cheap Chinese Levers - A bit Dangerous - But An Easy Fix : Yamaha R6 : R6 Forum.
I'll try doing the same so should have two black levers this weekend fitted instead of just one :D

dapsmt09

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'd just like to confirm that Fz-1 06-13 both brake and clutch levers fit the MT09. I have just fit a pair of evotechs finest ( personal choice but you can stick your Chinese cheese levers, to many horror stories)
The fit and feel is very nice indeed, and the bush in my standard clutch cable just fell out.

Cheers daps.

julianziggy

Reaction score

View attachment 139View attachment 140
could you link us exactly what levers you bought?
i'm so confused with if you need to buy separate levers or if the xj6/fz1 or whatever set works for the mt09

olivierzx

Reaction score
The links on Ebay are no more available, so I can't compare the prices but in France an e-shop has different models which are good quality : (my official Yamaha dealer have the same models, but not same prices ...)
Yamaha Roadsters MT09 - AVDB MOTO L'ACCESSOIRE À PRIX MOTARD
You can pay by paypal, and send to a foreign country. But if it's far I'm not sure shipping cost will be interesting.

@julian : with this site you'll have the real lever's model fitment, if you've a dubt.