Akrapovic arrived today

wayne01

Reaction score
DSC_0540 (2).jpgDSC_0536 (2).jpgDSC_0542.jpgDSC_0548.jpgDSC_0546.jpg Akrapovic arrived today (Phoenix Motorcycles) grub screw holding baffle in bit of a s#$t to get out. Small tack weld holding it. Would advise removing before fitting due to location. When fitted to the bike the rear wheel is in the way to get allen key in. Also baffle is really tight in exhaust. have to be very careful not to damage it when trying to remove. Once that's done rest of fitting piece of cake. Took less than 20mins once baffle removed. check out other post for noise and flames sounds amazing. Nothing like the Triumph

pipski99

Reaction score
I'm guessing that as you say it's so awkward getting the baffle out once the exhaust is fitted then it would be just as difficult to refit the baffle. So really you need to decide whether to go with the baffle in or out rather than struggle removing and refitting it?

j4ybee

Reaction score
Did you refit the rubber gromit once the baffle was out or running it with the hole open??

wayne01

Reaction score
Yes refitted rubber afterwards. And yes you dont want to be trying to fit and remove the baffle too often. Will end up nackering the baffle . It fits probably 30mm into tail pipe. The only way I could remove it was with long nose plier's and a piece of inner tube to stop it slipping and to protect it but personally would leave it out :)

Last edited:

j4ybee

Reaction score
Ive put mine away now for abit while the weather improves but once its out again the baffle will be coming out.

xarchi

Reaction score
does removing the baffle mess with the fuelling?? would you have to add a controller? I'm not clued up about all of this so pardon the ignorance, but I'm looking to get the akro system, but want it loud

wayne01

Reaction score
Hi mate removing baffle wont cause any mixture probs . Akrapovic designed to work with stock ecu. Don't know if you have seen this clip but its one of our bikes akrapovic no baffle stock ecu [video=youtube;aV8qLIw2BTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV8qLIw2BTg[/video]

wayne01

Reaction score
Hi mate no cat fitted. Not needed for mot and keeps the pipe nice free flowing so no point in wasting money. If cat was fitted it may not flame so much. But we have not fitted one with cat yet

j4ybee

Reaction score
I didnt fit mine so not sure if its got one fitted or not. When it goes back for its service ill have to find out. I bet it will look good on dark nights spitting a few flames.

wayne01

Reaction score
If you didnt specify you wanted a cat you didn't get one. Cat is around £70 extra lot of money for something so small. Yes it will look good we turned the lights off in the shop for the clip lol