Big business shafts the little people again

LewFZ1

Reaction score
© Sky News Screen Grab How VW Scandal Has Hit Trust In Big Car Brands
Volkswagen (VW) is to cut its workforce by 30,000 over the next five years as it acts to save costs following the diesel emissions scandal.
The German carmaker said it was committed to no compulsory redundancies under the union deal, with 23,000 of the positions to go at factories in its home market and the rest in North America and Brazil.
VW said the job losses were "socially acceptable" as it prepared to relaunch the brand by 2020 - tainted by the rollout of software in 11 million diesel vehicles that was designed to cheat emission testing. SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE???
SO IS THIS ALSO SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE........Martin Winterkorn, faced with the company's widening crisis over its rigging of emissions tests, announced his resignation as CEO of Volkswagen Group Wednesday. He is likely to leave with a pension valued around $32 million, and possibly with many millions more, depending on what the board decides regarding his severance payment.
According to the company's most recent annual report, Winterkorn had amassed a pension worth €28.6 million ($32 million) at the end of last year. And despite the scandal enveloping the German auto giant over its admission that it cheated on its diesel emissions data, compensation experts predict he'll receive it. Yet again the common man and woman getting shafted because of some other CEO FUC-UP.I bet if Adolf was still around he would not be getting €32 million.

bloggsy

Reaction score
That's it cheaters always prosper, I bought a new Golf GT Diesel in 2014 before the emissions scandal broke it is a cracking car and I like it. But I will never buy from the VW group ever again.