cam chain adjusted

M

MT account

ill need more than crossed fingers if i need to let a thai touch my tensioner, changing the oil and filter is far beyond their IQ.

Birdy

Reaction score
Been reasonable with them so far, next time i lose work on a saturday because of this i will put on my unreasonable face :mad:

Fariel

Reaction score
had mine replaced too and no more noise for 500km so far. Mine was the 03 part, the latest one as per they claimed. Hopefully this is the one that will solve the issue ~

Keep calm & keep on riding ~

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
had mine replaced too and no more noise for 500km so far. Mine was the 03 part, the latest one as per they claimed. Hopefully this is the one that will solve the issue ~

Keep calm & keep on riding ~
Same as....! Mine was the 03 ending part number and no probs yet. Been almost 1000 miles

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

www.facebook.com/spudrees

RipGroove

Reaction score
There's a thread on fz09.org somewhere I think where they have come up with a way of locking the adjuster, think they've added a longer set screw and a nut to lock it once its set.

Sent from outer space

Birdy

Reaction score
Going to give them a ring and demand new tensioner fly, to be fair mechanic did say to bring it back and they would do it under warranty. He seems a sound guy , but salesmen are the usual A holes .Think Tox did his own DIY fix on here a while ago RG ,basically putting an extended bolt in , he was fed up waiting for his dealer , but it will obviously void the warranty , so i will let them sort it !

Morgo

Reaction score
Took mine into today as the noise was slowly becoming more pronounced, the dealer told me that the tensioner replacement is what they call a CSE( customer service exercise) basically if the customer presents with the problem and requests that they want the adjuster replaced Yamaha will do it. I might be lucky with my dealer he expressed freighted the 03 adjuster and fitted it so I had the bike for Easter all good no noise now. He did mention that it's a CSE due to the fact they Yamaha are waiting it out to 9see off all MT'S are going to have the issue. Hope this is of any use for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdy

Reaction score
Sounds to me like he needs ur foot wedged up there. Lol
Getting on my tits TT, 3rd time i been there , he still says he not heard of any problems... and of course bike is behaving when im there ! But mechanic seems decent said he will put a warranty claim in this time. Just give me the bloody part ! Hammer it home in no time ! lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Getting on my tits TT, 3rd time i been there , he still says he not heard of any problems... and of course bike is behaving when im there ! But mechanic seems decent said he will put a warranty claim in this time. Just give me the bloody part ! Hammer it home in no time ! lol
Maybe bypass the Knobber of a sales bloke and just deal with the mechanic...