Collecting my mt09 soon

evifish5000

Reaction score
Hello all.
This Saturday just gone I got lucky and picked up a used mt09 with 3k on the clock for a deal. It's a abs model in purple with fly screen, tail tidy, optimate lead and will have a givi rack on it. Looking forward to getting on it in when I get it on the 18/19th this month. Slightly ironic that I got the mt from a triumph dealer as it's main rival is the street triple but irony paid in this case.

;)

T

THAIGATE14

i did have a chuckle on the street triple forum as they ran round burning their anoraks after someone suggested the MT was a better bike.........it is, dont miss mine at all.

evifish5000

Reaction score
I'm the aldeshpt Hampshire border. Anyone taken a pillion on an mt at all. My fz6 is stable with a pillion how does the mt compare.

marcusfordus

Reaction score
You wont be making new friends taking them on the back, unless they have short legs. The seat is a plank for a pillion

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

T

THAIGATE14

You wont be making new friends taking them on the back, unless they have short legs. The seat is a plank for a pillion

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2
my dorris said something along those lines too but with more swearwords........and her ass is the size of a 5 yr old boys

evifish5000

Reaction score
Yay finally collected the bike last week and very much enjoying it. Mine has a givi back box on it which seems to make the bike wheelie even easier. Although looking at the tyres it seems the rear will need replacing in a couple of months. I've got a Dunlop tyre on it surely it should last longer then 3.5k.

image.jpg
image.jpg

stevecbr

Reaction score
Hi & welcome, enjoy your bike.
The bike is ok for a pillion, my missus has been out a couple of times, trips of around 100 miles.
Not the comfiest, but better than any sportsbike. Handles ok to with a pillion.
The Bridgestone S20's lasted me 3100 miles, I replaced them with the BT023's, which I WOULDN'D recommend, as they cause a weave over 100mph. Have spoken to Bridgestone, apparently not recommended for the MT09, should have stuck with the S20's according to them. Will try something like Michelin next

M

MT account

Hi & welcome, enjoy your bike.

The Bridgestone S20's lasted me 3100 miles, I replaced them with the BT023's, which I WOULDN'D recommend, as they cause a weave over 100mph. Have spoken to Bridgestone, apparently not recommended for the MT09, should have stuck with the S20's according to them. Will try something like Michelin next

well the fookers are standard fitment for the FZ-09, looks like the yanks got the shaft again..........oh yeah, and me...:rolleyes:

rob5006

Reaction score
Got the Michelin Road power-excellent...very sticky! (Good price also)