Ecu up date from yamaha just done on my bike and the verdict is .....

Doyler

Reaction score
Hi guys i have just got my bike back from the dealer and the verdict is ,,,,,,,,

Much better not quiet perfect 95%

but huge improvement over the original much smoother in town now no problem at all
but slightly softer power delivery in STD no need for B mode
and A Mode smoother and now my favourite over all ,,,way way better !!!

also got a street rally seat and has transformed the bike now feel like a super moto bike love it so much fun!!!!

your a bit higher up but better for it and i found my self trowing the bike around more in turns and town traffic etc

these two mods are a must have !!!

cheers all ....

Doyler

Reaction score
Hi its feels smoother maybe slightly slower but nothing to worry about its still rocks !!!

M

MT account

sounds a lot like the usa spec map. i almost fell off my FZ riding in B mode up a motorway......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. cant see any reason to ever go there again.....

flydnb

Reaction score
Mmmm i dont want slow and to be honest i dont have a problem with the throttle.

sigtrm

Reaction score
its all down to the wrist action, darling.
the more you grip it the easier it comes....:)
What do you mean? That i have uber wrist? Perfect wrist? Absolute hyper wrist?
I have g2 tamer which i bought before I received my bike just because I read about snatchy throttle here. G2 Tamer is still in its oryginal package never open.
After that many km I still do not know what snatchy throttle is.

Locksmith

Reaction score
What do you mean? That i have uber wrist? Perfect wrist? Absolute hyper wrist?
I have g2 tamer which i bought before I received my bike just because I read about snatchy throttle here. G2 Tamer is still in its oryginal package never open.
After that many km I still do not know what snatchy throttle is.
Maybe you just like the bike the way it is?

One question, when riding along the road, if you go over a small pot hole, does the bike suddenly accelerate where you are accidently opening the throttle?

This was what used to piss me off and the G2 has eliminated that.

relz

Reaction score
I've got the G2 installed, and I'm quite happy with the throttle now
... but I wonder if it can get even better with stock throttle + Yamaha ecu update.

I'd really be interested to hear from someone who compared the two.

M

MT account

what pisses me off is my FZ wont hoist the wheel in the air every time i hit a small bump ..... and i really dont have issues with either. so i can squander the money saved on not buying a G2 on beer and fit women........nice. :)

sigtrm

Reaction score
Maybe you just like the bike the way it is?

One question, when riding along the road, if you go over a small pot hole, does the bike suddenly accelerate where you are accidently opening the throttle?

This was what used to piss me off and the G2 has eliminated that.
No not really. But that is what the distance on the left side of the throttle is for, and that is why biker shall not ride stiff.
I am wondering if I have some 1.1 version of the bike. Do you recall swinging arm sticker people put bc brake line would tear the paint off? Mine came with the sticker. Also I have very little free play like nothing, that is also stock setting here. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408125993.573212.jpg

flydnb

Reaction score
No not really. But that is what the distance on the left side of the throttle is for, and that is why biker shall not ride stiff.
I am wondering if I have some 1.1 version of the bike. Do you recall swinging arm sticker people put bc brake line would tear the paint off? Mine came with the sticker. Also I have very little free play like nothing, that is also stock setting here. View attachment 2050
Yamaha will be fitting stickers on all the 09s because of the paint wearing away from the hose.

Cypher

Reaction score
Yamaha will be fitting stickers on all the 09s because of the paint wearing away from the hose.
Lol, are you serious? If so then it's a pathetic fix to a supposedly simple problem.

I did put a sticker on the shiny spot that the hose rubbed off but I also pulled the hose through the holders further down towards the end. That is now holding the hose away from the swingarm and no real need for the sticker any more.