exhaust mod

pipski99

Reaction score
Yea they got some good pics and detailed instructions but not one sound clip. Not sure I'd butcher my exhaust like that and I've absolutely no welding ability or welder :)

flydnb

Reaction score
if I started hacking my exhaust up I would end up having to buy a new one.

Birdy

Reaction score
Anyone not feeling confident, bring it to my shed ! What i lack in ability i make up with in sheer enthusiasm ! :)

crotchrocket

Reaction score
this looks a bit pointless to be honest. Its just changing the pipe diameter beyond the baffle. Cant see it making much more noise than stock! Still think someone should import an M4 exhaust and give it a go. Its sub £300 !!

Holios551

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am one of the members that has done this mod, at the moment the ecu is out of the bike and am unable to get any sound clips. Will try my best to get something up in the near future, originally I had made a clip but it was pretty shoddy. As it sits right now it is not really that loud, but deeper tone. I am contemplating opening up the top of the exhaust and cutting the inner pipe all the way back to the baffle, just concerned about creating a lean running condition. Figure that if all this cutting winds up scrapping the unit, can just buy an M4 and call it a day.

Curious if our US bikes have the same CO adjustment as your Euro bikes, may need to toy with that later.

Birdy

Reaction score
Fair play to the yanks, they not scared of getting stuck in with power tools on new bikes ! I was almost reduced to tears when i cut my standard grips off to fit my hot grips , but i am a tight bastard !! :eek:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fair play to the yanks, they not scared of getting stuck in with power tools on new bikes ! I was almost reduced to tears when i cut my standard grips off to fit my hot grips , but i am a tight bastard !! :eek:
I've heard ur that tight birdy, u wudnt even give a door a bang lol.

Ur rite tho... The yanks really love their power tools ???

MT-09.... Wheelie wheelie awesome..!

Holios551

Reaction score
Yeah, us yanks get bored easily, plus it's always fun tooling around in the garage making sparks. :cool: I'm in the mindset of trying things out until it breaks, once it does repair and don't repeat.

tox

Reaction score
I love the tinker and play. Takes me back to when I was a kid, and my Dad and his brothers playing in the garage before race day. Ingenuity

Birdy

Reaction score
I am an enthusiastic amateur , or maybe an over active under achiever ! As a steel erector , usually handle 20mm plus bolts so i tend to err.. over stress small bits and bobs :eek: I also have the the patience of a rutting hippo , and too many large hammers , so i try to leave be ! Or get my shit hot mechanic brother to do it :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
F@&k it...! Just attack it with any power tool handy lol

MT-09.... Wheelie wheelie awesome..!

flydnb

Reaction score
I tend to over tighten nuts especially on panels and plastic bits, I remember my first snapped head bolt I did on a fs1e when I was a youth in the 80s, I did learn the hard way paying to get it sorted out after, I remember that ping and oh shit.

Holios551

Reaction score
Here is a sound clip, quality is kinda crappy and doesn't do any justice to the actual sound. If I get around to it one of these days the plan is to get some onboard riding sound clips.

[video=youtube;-_aBw8U58lU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_aBw8U58lU[/video]