Finally met another MT-09'er!

Cypher

Reaction score
Today, for the first time since I bought the bike back in November I met someone else riding it in London! It was a race blu with akra, flyscreen and radiator guards as much as I managed to notice.

He stopped next to me and said "Nice number plate!" to what I replied "Thanks! You have a nice bike, sir!" :D
We chatted a bit at the traffic lights near Aldgate and then he took off only to stop at the next set of lights. Said that the previous bike he was riding was an SV and that he can't believe how much power this bike has :D

I asked if he was on any of the forums, he said he's reading the american one but hasn't registered anywhere.

If you are the guy and are reading this - don't hesitate and REGISTER and join our exclusive club :) Also, stop using B mode!

P.S.
Regarding akra - I can't say I was impressed by it. If he wouldn't have told me he had it (he stopped on my right so I couldn't see) I would've thought it was the stock exhaust. Really not worth the grand they're asking for it in my view...

Birdy

Reaction score
Saw a matt grey i think , warp factor 5 over the Severn bridge today , and one race blu at bike cafe... they will be coming out of the bleedin woodwork by summer lol

M

MT account

i met a forum member today and im dry humping his pipe right now...........ooh err missus.
i wouldnt pay 1k for 1 but as my bike will be in thailand i cant fit anything that isnt *yamaha* approved as they will void the warranty if it needs fixing...........oh yeah, *when* the cam tensioner needs fixing.....:)
20140410_175947.jpg

Attachments

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would've thought it was the stock exhaust. Really not worth the grand they're asking for it in my view...
To be honest...the akra with the baffle in sounds just like the stock zorst until u start winding it up

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i met a forum member today and im dry humping his pipe right now...........ooh err missus.
i wouldnt pay 1k for 1 but as my bike will be in thailand i cant fit anything that isnt *yamaha* approved as they will void the warranty if it needs fixing...........oh yeah, *when* the cam tensioner needs fixing.....:)
View attachment 1080
That is a nice looking pipe...almost as good looking as it's previous owner pmsl

M

MT account

That is a nice looking pipe...almost as good looking as it's previous owner pmsl
wait till you see the next photos of it...........just need some off street parking, half a bottle of local rum and a willing young thing in a catsuit.........she wont be from perth.:eek:

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Today, for the first time since I bought the bike back in November I met someone else riding it in London! It was a race blu with akra, flyscreen and radiator guards as much as I managed to notice.

He stopped next to me and said "Nice number plate!" to what I replied "Thanks! You have a nice bike, sir!" :D
We chatted a bit at the traffic lights near Aldgate and then he took off only to stop at the next set of lights. Said that the previous bike he was riding was an SV and that he can't believe how much power this bike has :D

I asked if he was on any of the forums, he said he's reading the american one but hasn't registered anywhere.

If you are the guy and are reading this - don't hesitate and REGISTER and join our exclusive club :) Also, stop using B mode!

P.S.
Regarding akra - I can't say I was impressed by it. If he wouldn't have told me he had it (he stopped on my right so I couldn't see) I would've thought it was the stock exhaust. Really not worth the grand they're asking for it in my view...

That was steve, lol. Its my fault he's got one :). He bought the Clapham Yamaha demo.