for your amusement, the price in thailand

M

MT account

well, have a laugh on me cos ive ordered 1 of 8 red FZ09's to be delivered to thailand.....the first batch. now heres the funny bit, they reckon the OTR price will be 435,000......baht
now while thats around £1200 more than the UK bike it just happens to be 315,000 baht CHEAPER than the street triple sitting all lonely across the showroom floor where i ordered the MT (to me its an MT, not a FZeee.) both bikes are imported and so the price is mostly tax but the stupid part is that triumph make the poxy street triple 70km up the road from where its for sale but some plonker in the triumph office didnt secure a deal to sell tax free inside thailand........DURRRRR.
so no triumph for me over there but looking forward to my new toy, my last 3 thai bikes were ER6N's which are good bikes but lack the punch im looking for.......oh, and i hate parallel twin engines....:)

Birdy

Reaction score
Didnt realise street triple was made there as well !? Wonder if the guy who dropped that bollock still works for Mr Bloor ! :p

M

MT account

Didnt realise street triple was made there as well !? Wonder if the guy who dropped that bollock still works for Mr Bloor ! :p
theres 3 triumph factories right on the side of the road from the airport. they mould, forge and cast most parts there and send them part built to the UK. ducati and kawasaki also build in thailand and the streets (sic) are awash with 600 monsters (with the 795 engine) and a zillion ER6's. honda are selling the 650 now and triumph just exhibit overpriced ornaments alongside KTM......£17000 for a street triple anyone? i didnt think so...