From where you'd rather be...

Poseidon

Reaction score
G'day everyone,
The name's Ben, and I'm a winemaker living in the McLaren Vale region of South Australia. I've got the beach at my front door, vineyards behind us and the Adelaide Hills (read: Twisties) are less than an hour away. I'm currently* riding a 2010 Kawasaki ER6n, but have been looking at getting a new bike soon and the MT-09 is definitely the front runner at the moment. I'm hopefully going to organise a test ride in the next couple of months in order to make the decision easier (or harder?).

*Well, not "currently". I'm recovering from a broken hand sustained playing hockey a few weeks ago. There is that much metal in my hand now that the x-rays look somewhat similar to Wolverine's. Hopefully by the end of July I'll be riding again!

Schultzy

Reaction score
Welcome mate.

You guys have some great hilly roads out there - Ive been meaning to do the Radelaide to Melbs run...

Im sure most of the guys here will say (and for good reason) that the mt09 is a weapon in the right hands - im sure youll enjoy the test ride when you get a chance.

sporti

Reaction score
G'day everyone,
The name's Ben, and I'm a winemaker living in the McLaren Vale region of South Australia. I've got the beach at my front door, vineyards behind us and the Adelaide Hills (read: Twisties) are less than an hour away. I'm currently* riding a 2010 Kawasaki ER6n, but have been looking at getting a new bike soon and the MT-09 is definitely the front runner at the moment. I'm hopefully going to organise a test ride in the next couple of months in order to make the decision easier (or harder?).

*Well, not "currently". I'm recovering from a broken hand sustained playing hockey a few weeks ago. There is that much metal in my hand now that the x-rays look somewhat similar to Wolverine's. Hopefully by the end of July I'll be riding again!
Hey mate,

Welcome, just make sure you ride the kwaka to the test ride so you can ride the MT home :)

crotchrocket

Reaction score
Your not welcome, go away……. (looks out the office window in smoky London, looking at the rain) :)

G'day everyone,

Mitch21

Reaction score
G'day mate,

Good to see another South Aussie posting up, im opposite to you in the northern suburbs but you cant beat the mix of riding we have in Adelaide. I bought mine through Yamaha World on South Road and they have been pretty good. They have a couple there so you can test ride one. As for the bike, well its amazing coming from an fz6r instant power and so light. Depends on what riding you do but for me the suspension needs upgrading with constant rides through the tight, tight twisies and average roads of Lobethal and basket range etc, however I am a bigger bloke and all of this has been well reported. Overall great bike and when you go for a test ride you better have that money ready ;)

crotchrocket

Reaction score
haha!! you win ! its almost summer here and only just 20 degrees outside. Im off to swim in the thames….. I may not return, lol

M

MT account

its cold n wet here in the garage so im off to a warm place soon where im probably gonna get shot......

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can feel you MTaccount, i'm not a soldier(as i suppose you are) but as a journalist i've been in some "warm zones" of midleast and southeast Europe last century.... and i've felt the cold barrel of AK on my head...
Pmsl. I've seen bread for dipping in boiled eggs make a better soldier than MT.

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Excuse me for missunderstood... is he mentioned something about... "human relationships" then ??
No mate. He's off to Thailand for a month and they're having a tiny bit of trouble over there at the moment in the shape of a military coup lol

M

MT account

Pmsl. I've seen bread for dipping in boiled eggs make a better soldier than MT.

i say, thats a bit harsh! hes right tho....i dont do being told what to do, i do what i want...when i want. :)