genuine OEM tail tidy for sale

marcusfordus

Reaction score
I dont even know what they cost new now, other than cheaper than when they first came out ! There doesn't seem to be too many pictures of them fitted either.

Sent from my XT615 using Tapatalk 2

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I believe they're anything up to £90-£100. I knw u can take the middle piece out and it becomes a proper tail tidy but I didn't knw that until I bought and fitted an aftermarket one lol.

Imagine that piece in the middle gone, it wud look pretty cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
didnt realise you could remove the metal frame holding the plastic hanger on. Will have to see how easy it is

Yes Steve it's just 4 bolts holding it all together but I will warn you now that the 4 bolts holding the whole thing to the underside of the bike r an absolute bitch to get out as they also hold the seat locking mechanism to the sub frame and it's a tight fit to get the bolts out. If u take the seat off u will c wot I'm talking about. Use a quality spanner so u don't round off the bolts. We had a go in the workshop and it was I very tight fit for a little spanner lol

stevecbr

Reaction score
Do you have any photos of it done? Had a quick look yesterday, seemed it would be easier to remove side panels and remove the lock mechanism, only seems 4 bolts hold that on. Would be much of a fiddle then

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have any photos of it done? Had a quick look yesterday, seemed it would be easier to remove side panels and remove the lock mechanism, only seems 4 bolts hold that on. Would be much of a fiddle then
No pics as I have the R&G one on mine. Hence selling the OEM one. When we switched them over in the workshop it was easier to get at it from under the seat

julianziggy

Reaction score
I found out you could do this by myself and just finished it yesterday. I'll post some pictures here by tomorrow.
I took the side panels off, otherwise the locking mechanism bolts wont come out all the way.
I move the number plate up so that it half covers the reflector and basically everything is a very tight fit but it just, just works.
Stoked to have a 'free' tail tidy

julianziggy

Reaction score
DSC_0589.jpg
i put the number plate a lot higher than it was originally but you can just keep it where it was. you will need to cut the bottom of the fender off though otherwise it'll touch the tire under a bit of suspension compression

Attachments

relz

Reaction score
Good to know that the OEM tail can be modified to be a tail tidy, I don't think I would spend the money to buy one, but definitely could do without that long tail on the back.

Why did Yamaha make that (IMO ugly) long tail in the first place? Does anyone actually like it?
They obviously know how to make short ones, as they seem to be selling the OEM tail tidy...

stevecbr

Reaction score
The tail tidy is so big as under EU law the back of the bike cant be the tyre, ie something has to stick out further than rear tyre. The easiest way to get round this is really long tails. Check out any bike you like, the furthest estrusion on all bikes must protrude further than the rear tyre

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The tail tidy is so big as under EU law the back of the bike cant be the tyre, ie something has to stick out further than rear tyre. The easiest way to get round this is really long tails. Check out any bike you like, the furthest estrusion on all bikes must protrude further than the rear tyre
Ur completely rite Steve but they still look gay as....gotta have a tail tidy lol

Birdy

Reaction score
Not got one yet , getting soaked as it is , does tail tidy make it worse ? Rear hugger first, then tail tidy for me .Gay TT ? You and fly still wearing those natty neck warmers LOL ?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not got one yet , getting soaked as it is , does tail tidy make it worse ? Rear hugger first, then tail tidy for me .Gay TT ? You and fly still wearing those natty neck warmers LOL ?
No Birdy it's no worse with the tail tidy on... Still get piss wet thru lol.
I'll have u know Birdy that those neck warmers keep the vampires from biting me.